Will KDS support the KSDK filesystem with PE?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will KDS support the KSDK filesystem with PE?

Jump to solution
davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

I have been working on replicating the MQX USB Host demo but using the combination of KDS, KSDK, PE, and MQX. So far I'm making progress, but I find that I seem to be replicating the tasks that PE would do for me. For example, copying the source module msd_dsiskio.c and the corresponding include for include for msd_diskio.h.

Is there a plan for PE to ultimately include functions like the the file system? If so, when?

Maybe I should ask: Is it there now and I just don't know about it?

1 Solution
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David,

Processor Expert does not support USB Host and filesystem SDK drivers now, i.e. there are not Processor Expert components that encapsulated these SDK drivers. I have created a new feature request for Processor Expert development team (PEXMCU-2178).

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David,

Processor Expert does not support USB Host and filesystem SDK drivers now, i.e. there are not Processor Expert components that encapsulated these SDK drivers. I have created a new feature request for Processor Expert development team (PEXMCU-2178).

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

adyr
Contributor V

I have also spent a couple of days doing the same thing as David and eventually managed to get FatFs working on USB. Thank you Marek for adding a feature request for this.

Adrian.

0 Kudos
davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

Hi Marek,

I suspected that this might be the case, but before I tag the question as answered, I am interested in learning more about the process. However, the link behind your reference to PEXMCU-2178 only lead me to a "server not found" message.

Can you investigate and/or provide additional pointers?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

The ticket is available in a Freescale internal database and the ticket will go through approval process now.

You have not access to the database if you are not connected to Freescale intranet (e.g. you are a Freescale contractor or an employee).

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos