Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8349EA in Little Endian

Jump to solution
silvereye
Contributor II
Hi

We use MPC8349 based design to basically transfer data between Gigabit Ethernet and PCI. We are developing an application based on MPC8349-miTXE reference board.
Since our GbE device and PCI are both little-endian, we are facing lot of problems in actual data exchange between GbE and MPC8349. Basically because MPC8349 in the mITX board is big-endian, by default, and GbE data is little-endian.

Is there any method of changing the endian-ness to Little Endian through a user-mode linux program  (my own C program) that would run on the Linux (FreeScale's flavour) on miTX? ie, after uboot & Linux is loaded?

Please help me.

Thank you.
Warm Regards
-silvereye
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
silvereye
Contributor II
Well,
I did not find how to do this, I decided to use the processor in big-endian itself.
Warm
Regards

silvereye wrote:
Hi

We use MPC8349 based design to basically transfer data between Gigabit Ethernet and PCI. We are developing an application based on MPC8349-miTXE reference board.
Since our GbE device and PCI are both little-endian, we are facing lot of problems in actual data exchange between GbE and MPC8349. Basically because MPC8349 in the mITX board is big-endian, by default, and GbE data is little-endian.

Is there any method of changing the endian-ness to Little Endian through a user-mode linux program  (my own C program) that would run on the Linux (FreeScale's flavour) on miTX? ie, after uboot & Linux is loaded?

Please help me.

Thank you.
Warm Regards
-silvereye

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
silvereye
Contributor II
Well,
I did not find how to do this, I decided to use the processor in big-endian itself.
Warm
Regards

silvereye wrote:
Hi

Please help me.

Thank you.
Warm Regards
-silvereye

0 Kudos