cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAND FLASH Boot Flow

Jump to solution
takashitakahash
Contributor III

i.MX6 RM described as.8.5.2.2 NAND Flash Boot Flow and Boot Control Blocks (BCB)

Driver reads raw 2112 bytes of first SECTOR and runs through software ECC engine that determines whether FCB data is valid or not.

Please tell me the definition of the Sector in this context.

Is this the first page in the NAND flash Block  (address is smallest)?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Takashi

>Please tell me the definition of the Sector in this context.

>Is this the first page in the NAND flash Block  (address is smallest)?

Yes this is correct understanding. In particular sect.8.5.2.7.1 BCH ECC Page

Organization IMX6DQRM states

The first data block is called block 0 and the rest of the blocks are called block N.

Separate ECC level scan be used for block 0 and block N.

The metadata bytes should be located at the beginning of a page, starting at byte 0..

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Takashi

>Please tell me the definition of the Sector in this context.

>Is this the first page in the NAND flash Block  (address is smallest)?

Yes this is correct understanding. In particular sect.8.5.2.7.1 BCH ECC Page

Organization IMX6DQRM states

The first data block is called block 0 and the rest of the blocks are called block N.

Separate ECC level scan be used for block 0 and block N.

The metadata bytes should be located at the beginning of a page, starting at byte 0..

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos