cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 Platform SDK Ping Test

sivakr
Contributor I

Hi All,

I am working on sabre sdb board and wanted to test the Ping app from Platfrom SDK(v1.1).

I am trying to use static ip

On entering the target ip address, I am not able to see any output on the console.

Even in the wireshark I don't see any packet transmission.

Can anyone help me on this

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Siva,

What changes, or steps you follow?  can you share more about your network scenario on how you connect the baord to the PC?   I have test the SABRE SDB with the PC using SDK 1.0 and it is working the PING app.

0 Kudos

sivakr
Contributor I

Hi James,

I am not able to download SDK v1.0 as i didn't find any link for the same.

If possible can you please share SDK v1.0. I will also check with that.

0 Kudos

sivakr
Contributor I

Hi James,

We are working with Sabre SDB board and with platform SDK v1.1.

We are using DS-5 and DSTREAM to download the code to the Sabre board.

Ethernet cable is connected directly from board to the PC. PC is assigned with a static ip.

We have done few modifications in the code

1) To use static IP, changed kMACAddress,

2) Observed that dns_found function is not invoked at all which is supposed to be invoked from get_target_address().

So modified in switch case kAskForTargetState as g_state = kSendPingState;

3) sys_now() always returns zero

Modified sys_now function in lwip/mx6/sys_arch.c as follows

uint64_t us = 0;
u32_t time_milliseconds = 0;
us = time_get_microseconds();
time_milliseconds = us / 1000;
return time_milliseconds;

4) g_microsecondTimerMultiple in timer.c file is getting corrupted. Actual value should be 2, after enet(phy and chip)initialization this value is getting corrupted. So modified to initialize this value to 2 in time_get_microseconds() function.

After these modifications, ping reply from pc is received for the 1st packet only. ping_received or ping_recv functions are never invoked for the second packet. I am able to see the ping reply from pc to the board in the Wireshark. Also observed (in wireshark) PC is sending ARP requests continuously and the board is not able to send any response

0 Kudos

sivakr
Contributor I

With few modifications in enet_drv.c and setting the speed to 100M, I am able to ping from Target to Desktop PC.

But ping reply is received only for 1st packet. Ping reply is not received for the second packet.

Even the RX event info is not updated in the EIR register. From wireshark, the Desktop PC is continually sending ARP requests and the Target board is not able to send response for the same.

0 Kudos