cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMBUS Source code

yusupkhan
Contributor II

Dear all,

I am using KL46 controller with external RTC(DS1307-Slave address is 0x68). I am receiving date and time from that RTC through I2C Communication. Here I have attached example code for I2C communication. I am using the same source code for RTC communication. Now I have Multi-cell BMS (Battery Monitoring System) Platform. I need to receive/collect data from Battery pack to KL46 through SMBUS communication. But I am using the same code (Slave address is 0x0B), I given command but I am not receiving proper data. Kindly let me know that any changes I have to do for this communication in hardware as well as software.

Original Attachment has been moved to: k40_i2c.c.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: isr.h.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: i2c_demo.c.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: k40_i2c.h.zip

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

About the hardware design difference between I2C with SMBus, the pullup resistor values be different.

Customer could refer SMBus Quick Start Guide here, which with a chapter to description the difference between I2C and SMBus.

About the software aspect, customer could refer AN4342 related software, there provides a simple SMBus basic communication example.

AN4342SW could be downloaded.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
best regards,

Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos