Error with command: gdb --version Cannot run program "gdb": Launching failed on KSD2.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with command: gdb --version Cannot run program "gdb": Launching failed on KSD2.0

yarannan
Contributor III

Hi,

I am running a hello world demo application on KDS 2.0. I can the program as debugging mode but whenever i want to run whole program. It gives me this error:

"Error with command: gdb --version

Cannot run program "gdb": Launching failed"

I am working with TWR-K60D100M.  If anyone here has the similar problem before? Thank you.

Yaran

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

yarannan
Contributor III

Hey guys,

Thanks for all of your help. I solved it. I am being silly. When I run a program on an actual hardware, i should flash it to the file instead directly running as a c++ application.

However, thanks all the time.

Yaran

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, you cannot run it on the host :-)

If you would like to emulate a 'run' on the target, have a look here:

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/10/04/emulating-eclipse-run-with-debug-configuration/

Erich

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could it be that your firewall or virus blocked/removed the gdb executable? The message indicates that it cannot find/launch the program.

Can you check if you have the following files present:

C:\Freescale\KDS_2.0.0\toolchain\bin\arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe

C:\Freescale\KDS_2.0.0\toolchain\arm-none-eabi\bin\gdb.exe

?

Erich

0 Kudos

yarannan
Contributor III

Yes, the file is there.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yaran,

Sorry i do not clearly know your meaning about "i want to run whole program" .

Could you tell me how to repeat your error step by step ,i will test on my side . And tell me which demo application ? KSDK demo ?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

yarannan
Contributor III

As you know, there is two mode (two buttons on the main screen). One is 'Debug As' and the other one is 'Run as'. I am working with a TWR-K60D100M- an actual hardware (not sure if that is the reason).

'Debug as' always succeed, but whenever i click "run"/"run as", it throw me above error. I hope it helps you.

0 Kudos