Nexus debug interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus debug interface

maxgapp
Contributor I

Is there any information available (e.g. application note / white paper) to have an example for the configuration of the various debug units in P5020?

I am trying to set up the device to output some information on the Nexus Aurora IF in order to monitor process resources (used corenet bandwith, ...).

Currently I am using a P5020DS for my tests.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You may refer to the one in CodeWarrior installation directory as below:

C:\Freescale\CW_PA_v10.4.0\PA\CodeWarrior_Examples\Bareboard_Examples\e500mcPerformanceMonitor_eabi

Is this what you want?

Have a great day,
Lunmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maxgapp
Contributor I

Hi,

thank you for your advice. I am currently not using CodeWarrior, so I would have to download it first to have a look on the file you mentioned.

What I would like to do is using the Aurora serial debug interface to supply an external monitor with various information upon internal processing without the need to instrument the software running.

I am using a Lauterbach debugger currently, but I would like to have some examples on how the Hypervisor could set up the Nexus in order to send the information (trace, watchpoints, ...) on the Aurora so I could analyze it by means of a monitoring device (e.g. FPGA).

Max

0 Kudos