cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering Route Request mode and not returning back to normal operation mode

rs
Contributor I
Hello everyone,
I have a network setup that works fine except for a problem. Right now I have just one coordinator and one router. But in future I might be working with few hundreds of them.

All my devices software was developed based on WirelessUART application from Freescale.
I am using NVM storage to store network parameters that allows me to shut them off when ever I need and bring them back alive and act same as they are on network. 
And I have been doing data transmission based on reliable mode. So if i miss or didn't receive any acknowledgement back from the destination device in a certain period of time I would resend the data packet again over the air (OTA). I retry this for 3 times and if I didn't receive any acknowledgement in these retries I would clear my zigbee transmit data buffer and through away the packet and would assume to be ready to transmit or receive any packet in future.
I know there are even acknowledgemets going back and forth between source and destination devices at network layer. I  am not sure how to control those or disable them. So if I miss any of those acknowledgemts (which might happen when my coordinator is not active or left my network), my device enters route request mode and wouldn't be able to transmit or receive any other data packet in future.

I would like to know how do I know at application layer that I am gonna enter route request mode and how do I revert back to normal working condition where I can transmit and receive data?

I am not even sure is there a way to disable the acknowledgements at network layer and what affect might that have on performance of network?

If any one could give few suggestions I would be so grateful.

Thank you
Shyam
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

insider
Contributor II
Hi, may I know what codebase did you use? MAC codebase? How do you set up a router?

Actually, we can set our own acknowledge message.

Best wishes,
andershen
0 Kudos

Mads
Contributor V
Hi,

Your question has been answered in the ticket you have created in the CRM system.

BR,
Mads
0 Kudos