Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2041 USDPAA fmc error

adeel
Contributor III

Hi,

I got following error on running FMC:

cpu0: ! CRITICAL FM-PCD Error [CPU00, drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fman/Peripherals/FM/Pcd/fm_pcd.c:1120 FM_PCD_Enable]: Invalid Handle;

cpu0: cpu0:

cpu0: ! MINOR FM Error [CPU00, drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fman/src/wrapper/lnxwrp_ioctls_fm.c:3038 LnxwrpFmPcdIOCTL]: Invalid Handle;

cpu0: IOCTL FM PCDcpu0:

ERR : cpu0: ! CRITICAL FM-PCD Error [CPU00, drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fman/Peripherals/FM/Pcd/fm_pcd.c:1176 FM_PCD_Disable]: Invalid Handle; Invocation of FM

cpu0: _PCD_Enable for cpu0:

fm0/pcd failed wcpu0: ! MINOR FM Error [CPU00, drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fman/src/wrapper/lnxwrp_ioctls_fm.c:3038 LnxwrpFmPcdIOCTL]: Invalid Handle; ith error cod

e 0

cpu0: IOCTL FM PCDx00010013

cpu0:

ERR : Invocation of FM_PCD_Disable for fm0/pcd failed with error code 0x00010013

Any idea?

0 Kudos
10 Replies

loveleensahni
Contributor I

Hi M.Adeel Sharif,

I have one question here Have you tried doing ping from dis FRA application.

My setup of working is I am running this FRA on T4240rdb board . I am able to test the whole configuration with test_speed.c and pw.c but i am not able to test the setup with ARP and MAC binding ? If u have tried doing physical interfaces Please do guide me because i need this FRA to run on Ethernet interfaces. RMAN is working fine that i know and I am getting 28Gbps throughput through test speed performance test.

thanks

Loveleen

0 Kudos

adeel
Contributor III

The ARP is not supported on MAC less interfaces since there is no stack running on them. You have to use static entries on your peer machine.

-Adeel

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello M.Adeel Sharif,

Please make sure that you have specified the appropriate configuration and policy file, for P2041, please refer to the following.

# cd /usr/etc

# fmc -c usdpaa_config_p2_p3_p5_14g.xml -p usdpaa_policy_hash_ipv4.xml –a

Please provide more detailed information regarding your problem.

Which version Linux SDK are you using?

Which version target board are you using? P2041RDB-PB?

Would you please provide some steps to help me to reproduce your problem?

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

adeel
Contributor III

Hi Yiping,

The problem regarding FMC is solved. I am working on running FRA application. When I use 'fra_config_dstr_processing1.xml' distribution, I got the following output on FRA console:

fman_nonhash_dqrr receives a message fqid=0x57 fd_status = 0x00000000

drop: bpid 9 <-- 0x1cd7f940

Even if I send ping request from Host computer, I always see only this msg on FRA console. Do you know what this msg means? Also, how can I check if there is any msg received by the RMAN at all?

Thanks and Regards

Adeel

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  M.Adeel Sharif,

Please send your console log to me, including u-boot and whole Linux system logs, I will do more investigation for you.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

adeel
Contributor III

Hi Yiping,

The above problem regarding the 'fman_nonhash_dqrr' message is also solved :smileyhappy:  Could you please check if there is any TX/RX counters in RMAN? I mean how can I check if RMAN really transmits something?  The other endpoint is SRIO switch and I saw no RX counter on P2041 SRIO port.  One more thing how to do enumeration and discovery using USDPAA application as it has been done before by Kernel drivers?

Thanks and regards,

Adeel

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello M.Adeel Sharif,

There is no hardware statistics mechanism in RMAN. In USDPAA FRA application, there is a demo named "test_speed", probably it is useful for you to do some counting work, this demo simulates RMAN to RMAN communication directly. When launching FRA application, you could use configuration file fra_config_dstr_testspeed_rxpoint.xml and fra_config_dstr_testspeed_txpoint.xml.

usage in fra>

testspeed [send/receive] [packet length]  [packet number] [loop number]

USDPAA FRA application invokes USDPAA RMAN driver APIs provided in USDPAA packages.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

adeel
Contributor III

Hi Yiping,

Thanks for your support. I have tried testspeed and it is showing speed for mailbox, streaming and doorbell. Could you explain a bit about how it measures those speed? For instance in send mode, it queues some frame in queue manager and in the end shows time taken by the test. How did it calculate this time interval?

One important thing is how to do enumeration and discovery using USDPAA application as it has been done before by Kernel drivers?

Thanks and regards,

Adeel

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Adeel,

Please refer to the attached source file from USDPAA package.

Please refer to “test_speed_to_send” in main.c and "test_speed_wait_receive“ function in test_speed.c

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

adeel
Contributor III

Hi Yiping,

Still waiting for your response regarding enumeration and discovery using USDPAA application?

Thanks and regards,

Adeel

0 Kudos