EVB9S12DP256 and USB Multilink

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVB9S12DP256 and USB Multilink

zeb
Contributor I
I have purchased  EVB9S12DP256 and USB Multilink with standard code warrier edition.  I have connect the  USB multilink according to the manual direction. Both lights are ON . I open the example project for EVB9S12DP256  give in  codewarrier examples and try to run it then  HIWAVE.exe become halt.

Please guide me in this regard.
Thanx

Mian jehanzeb
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

zeb
Contributor I

Thanx, for your kind reply.  I observed a strange problem.

From last two days I want to run the example for HCS12DP256B give at following path C:\Program Files\Freescale\CW for HC12 V4.5\(CodeWarrior_Examples)\MC9S12\DP\DP256B.

C:\Program Files\Freescale\CW for HC12 V4.5\(CodeWarrior_Examples)\MC9S12\DP\DP256B.

Due to that reason I connected a null modem RS-232 cable to M68KIT912DP256 to see serial output . After that I performed steps as follow.

1)       Install the Multilink driver  that was download from www.pemicro.com. I am using WINXP  and Multilink device was not shown in the device manager.

2)       Check the entire jumper setting that was same as u wrote in your mail.

3)       Then connect USB MULTILINK to the PC the Multilink blue LED became ON.

4)       Then I powered up the KIT. Multilink Yellow LED become ONand  Bargraph on the Kit was glowing.

5)       Run the Real-Time Simulator and debugger by click on the Icon of DEBUG. But no connection was made.

After it I disconnect all cables and then again make all connections but RS-232 cable did not attach.  But this time only blue light was ON though Kit was powered then I connect the RS232 cable with Powered KIT then Yellow light became ON.

I repeat this process many times again but

I conclude that may be there was a unknown  wrong jumper setting or Multilink is not functioning proper or winxp  driver is not recognizing the Multilink 

Please guide me soon because I have to complete given task with  finite time.  

0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
I am sorry but there are many things in your post that are not clear to me,

However, I can tell you this concerning the Multilink:
Blue LED on = Driver installed and working with Multilink

Yellow LED On = Plugged in, BUT can be connected backwards and still get yellow LED.

- Try plugging in with the plug the other way around. I don't have this board, but most boards have a number '1' which is where the RED STRIPE side should go.

0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Further comments:

The multilink will not show up in device manager until you plug it in.

Do you get the USB Sound and/or bubble when you unplug it and replug it?

After you plug it in and the blue LED comes on, look in device manager for "Jungo"
0 Kudos

zeb
Contributor I
Dear Jim,

Yes its is true when i connect Multilink then USB sound is listened by me. And blue LED glows. BUT when i Powered UP the board then yellow LED does not glow.

I connect the  multilink in correct  direction. i.e RED  wire on PIN 1 of BDM In  connector i.e J19.

0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Ok, well the yellow LED will not come on unless the board is powered.

You should have some sort of AC adaptor or power supply.
There also may be jumpers that must in the correct positions.

Please veryify the there is a proper 5V supply coming to the board.

0 Kudos

zeb
Contributor I
Dear JIm,

I alrady confirm that all jumpers are at proper position and there are 5 volt supply on the board. And already programmed  Firmware is  working properly.

thanx
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Well, at this point my only idea is that the hardware is bad.

I would submit service ticket on the P&E Web site and explain that:

- The Blue LED lites up and the driver seems loaded.
- The board comes up and runs the Demo program.
- The Yellow LED never comes on, and you can't connect to the board.
(Assuming all that is correct)

You may have to register and log in to get to that page. My past experience with P&E have been very positive.
0 Kudos

zeb
Contributor I
Dear Jim,

The USB Multilink problem is resolved . Infact the cable orientaion was wrong in on the USB multilink.

Thanx again
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Hey, thanks for getting back to to us and giving the resolution.

0 Kudos

Lundin
Senior Contributor IV
You might have accidently secured the HCS12. If it is secured, no BDM access works before the flash is erased. There is a program called "Unsecure 12" which is available for free from PE micro. Try that one and see if it helps.
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
What version of CW ? Click Help/About Intalled Products.

- Did the flash get programmed?
- Did it run to main and halt?
If so, press F5, which is Start/Continue or click the green arrow.

We need more information to help you...
0 Kudos