jansen jack

HCS08GT16A P&E Multilink Issues

Discussion created by jansen jack on Oct 29, 2007
Latest reply on Nov 6, 2007 by David Payne
About  a year ago, (2006-05-15) Wings had a post detailing 8 Issues he had with the P&E BDM debugger, including such things a Trigger A&B when no triggers set etc. He submitted the problems numbered 2,3 and 4 to the CE-IDE group and promised to post their response.  I have all of the same problems and haven't been able to locate the response.  Wings are you there? Help.

I had the same problems at about the same time that Wings first posted the list but I was using an HCS08GT32 and was able to switch to a Softec inDART debugger that didn't have the same problems.  Now I am using an HCS08GT16A processor with basically the same code and board and the inDART won't connect.  I suspect they don't support the A version but I have gotten no reply from them on the subject.

I am suprised that P&E/Metrowerks woulden't have fixed bugs from a year ago but I have downloaded the latest P&E drivers for the Multilink and I don't see any hardware upgrades available on their site.

I am using the simplest clock setup - fixed 4 mHz - no FLL - 1 mHz bus.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jack

Outcomes