FRDM-K22F in KDS 2.0 doesn't Reset Properly

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K22F in KDS 2.0 doesn't Reset Properly

thomasschmid
Contributor II

We have a new project where we want to use the K22F. For testing of the toolchain, we used the FRDM-K22F board and KDS 2.0. We noticed that if we program the board with some demo code (e.g. the CDC virtual com example), we can program the board just fine, and it starts executing it just right. However, the "Reset" button doesn't work (e.g. if you want to start over from the initialization). KDS properly executes the gdb commands:

tbreak main

mon reset halt

continue

However, the system never stops at main, and it just keeps executing. We dug a little deeper and used openocd directly. Executing "reset halt" does not reset the core! You can single step, execute the reset, and the PC will still be at the same location.

Anybody else observe this issue, or has a fix for this? It is very inconvenient to have to reprogram every time you want to re-execute your binary.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

thomasschmid
Contributor II

To give some more details, I traced the issue down to OpenOCD. When I am using the PEMicro OpenSDA programmer, everything works as expected. I confirmed this behavior both on Linux and Windows.

thomasschmid
Contributor II

A second follow-up, the problem is still there in KDS 3.0.

martynhuntchrisbrown

0 Kudos

chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas,

I have been able to look into this a little more.  I have a workaround (not exactly the solution I wanted I think, but at least I think this fixes your problem).  Have you tried setting checking the "Set program counter at (hex):" option?  I set it as follows and I am able to click the restart button and end up back at SystemInit. 

pastedImage_0.png

You may need to set it to a different location depending on where your compiler puts things and what program you are running.  But either way let me know if this works for you.  I will probably have to submit a ticket for this and enlist some more help for a more "elegant" solution. 

Best Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos