CodeWarrior 64-bit for Windows Professional x64??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior 64-bit for Windows Professional x64??

GothicChessInve
Contributor I
I might be dating myself as a CodeWarrior Dinosaurus Rex, but I am still using my trusty Metrowerks CodeWarrior 7.0, IDE version 4.2.5.766, on Windows Professional x64, and it runs great, still creates flawless 32-bit executeables that vastly outperform the Micro$oftRipoff compilers, and I absolutely love it!

I have written a high-performance chess engine using CodeWarrior. It has been the reignin World Champion since 2004 in a game known as Gothic Chess, which is chess on a wider board with 2 new pieces, making the game infinitely more interesting. See www.GothicChess.com for more information.

Anyway... As Gothic Chess has 80 squares, and I am fetching instructions 32-bits at a time, my program would gain an instant factor of 2 in execution speed if I could compile it as a native 64-bit application.

Are there any plans for a 64-bit version of CodeWarrior for the PC platform?

If the answer is "no", are there any (former or current) CodeWarrior compiler employees who would accept a bride from a wealthy patron to create such a thing?

Please let me know.

Long Live CodeWarrior!

Ed Trice
Inventor of Gothic Chess
www.GothicChess.com
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Voxan
Contributor III
Hi there,

congratulations for you game, seems amazing...

Anyway, CW for Windows technology has been sold to Nokia a while back and therefor Freescale will NOT develop this tool chain any further. If you want to check with Nokia, you may want to contat forum nokia on their web site

Hope this helps...

Regards
0 Kudos