M5223X AN3518 HTTP Client Source Download?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M5223X AN3518 HTTP Client Source Download?

LI_Dave
Contributor III
Just got through the two new app notes and found them to be excellent.   Kudos to Eric.   I'd like to try the HTTP client in AN3518 but I don't see the code posted anwhere.  Does anyone know if this has been made public yet?

Thanks,
Dave
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

nordy
Contributor I
Dave:

Thanks for letting us know about the HTTP client code.

FYI, I spoke with my rep as well as Eric Gregori and learned that the code is now available on the Freescale site as a companion downlaod for app note AP3518. The software is available via:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?nodeId=0162468rH3YTLC00M9

Download both AN3518 and AN3518SW.

Nordy

0 Kudos

nordy
Contributor I
Just wondering if you ever found that HTTP client code. I'm looking for it, too.

Anyone know where this sample can be found?

TIA,
nordy
0 Kudos

LI_Dave
Contributor III

Nordy,

I was able to get it, albeit through my local rep.  They provided me a private link off of Eric Gregori's site www.emgware.com.   It sounds like Eric wants it posted on the Freescale site, but it just isn't up there yet.  I'm a little hesitant to send it out myslef, but it sounds like you can easily get it if you ask for it.

I will add that it works VERY nicely and I got things up and running very quickly.  The supplied demo adds a "wget" command to the console.  With DNS working you can simply type:

wget www.emgware.com

You then get back over the serial console the HTML for any web page.  The great thing about this is that you can now get on the net from behind a typical home network without any workarounds.  The web server stuff is all well and good, but most home networks and broadband connections won't let you in on port 80.  As a web client you look just like any other PC.

Dave

0 Kudos