Daniel Bull

S12C32 - Code runs with PE BDM but not stand alone

Discussion created by Daniel Bull on Oct 18, 2007
Latest reply on Oct 25, 2007 by Daniel Lundin
I'm not sure where to post this question. My application fragment uses CW 5.7.0 and 6.1 debugger. I am using a Tech Arts NANOCoreMAX with a 9S12C32 and a P&E Micro USB Multilink BDM.

I have written C code to write to an LCD using the SPI and a 74HC595 latch. When I run this code using the BDM everything works fine. When I try to run the code with the BDM disconnected (I disconnect the power to the Tech Arts module, remove the BDM cable, reconnect power to the Tech Arts module, then push the reset button on the docking module) I get garbage on the LCD. But always the same garbage in the same sequence.

Obviously I am missing something here. Is it because I must change some settings to run without the BDM? Are there perhaps timing issues? The 9S12C32 is clearly running, and there is some kind of communication with the 595, and with the LCD, but it is not working right.

Thanks for any help. I am not a professional programmer or hardware designer. I am a ChE, entirely self-taught regarding micros, so I may be considered naive.

Dan

--
Alban Edit: Please always include FSL Part Number in Message Subject line.
http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=FORUMUSE&message.id=865

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-10-18 06:56 PM

Outcomes