AnsweredAssumed Answered

Linker can't find libs when it seems like they are specified properly...

Question asked by dave408 on Mar 6, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 6, 2015 by dave408

I've been jumping lots of hurdles lately when trying to get a new project off of the ground using KDS 2.0.0 and KSDK 1.1.0.  The current project I am working on involved building something like the httpsrv example from scratch, because the current demo included in KSDK 1.1.0 does not provide G++ tool settings.

I have been slowly working through all of the configuration errors that come up along the way, and I think I'm in the home stretch.  However, I'm getting an annoying linker error that I have so far been unable to resolve.

When I build, here's the output:

14:28:19 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project InstrumentController ****

make all

'Building target: InstrumentController.elf'

'Invoking: Cross ARM C++ Linker'

arm-none-eabi-g++ -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -O0 -fmessage-length=0 -fsigned-char -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections  -g3 -T "MK64FN1M0xxx12_flash.ld" -Xlinker --gc-sections -L"C:/Code/trunk/embedded/gcs4000/InstrumentController\Project_Settings\Linker_Files" -L"C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.1.0\rtos\mqx\lib\frdmk64f.kds\debug\mqx_stdlib" -L"C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.1.0\rtos\mqx\lib\frdmk64f.kds\debug\mqx" -L"C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.1.0\rtos\mqx\lib\frdmk64f.kds\debug\nshell" -L"C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.1.0\tcpip\rtcs\lib\frdmk64f.kds\debug\rtcs" -L"C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.1.0\lib\ksdk_mqx_lib\kds\K64F12\Debug" -Wl,-Map,"InstrumentController.map" -nanolibc -o "InstrumentController.elf"  ./frdmk64f/gpio_pins.o ./frdmk64f/hardware_init.o ./frdmk64f/pin_mux.o  ./Sources/I2C_Files/BlinkmTest_task.o ./Sources/I2C_Files/I2CKds.o ./Sources/I2C_Files/I2cManager.o ./Sources/I2C_Files/fsl_debug_console.o ./Sources/I2C_Files/fsl_misc_utilities.o ./Sources/I2C_Files/print_scan.o  ./Sources/app_mqx.o ./Sources/cgi.o ./Sources/example_plugins.o ./Sources/httpsrv_main.o ./Sources/nio_tfs_data.o  ./Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.o ./Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup_MK64F12.o ./Project_Settings/Startup_Code/system_MK64F12.o  ./BSP_Files/init_bsp.o ./BSP_Files/mqx_main.o   -llib_mqx_stdlib.a -llibksdk_platform_mqx.a -llib_rtcs.a -llib_nshell.a -llib_mqx.a

c:/freescale/kds_2.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -llib_mqx_stdlib.a

c:/freescale/kds_2.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -llibksdk_platform_mqx.a

c:/freescale/kds_2.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -llib_rtcs.a

c:/freescale/kds_2.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -llib_nshell.a

c:/freescale/kds_2.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -llib_mqx.a

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [InstrumentController.elf] Error 1

14:28:20 Build Finished (took 532ms)

As you can see, I specify the library paths with the -L arguments (green), and the libraries themselves with the -l arguments (blue).

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?  It seems like I'm doing everything properly.

Thanks!

Outcomes