Hello guys,

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello guys,

javierhernandez
Contributor I

I installed CodeWarrior DSC V8.3 on Windows 7 64 bits and I already followed the procedure on the Application Note "Windows 7: Using USB TAP on a Classic CodeWarrior Installation" which means that I already installed the new CCS (for 64 bits) folder and the USB TAP was recognized by the computer successfully. Up to this point everything looked good, however, when I started the debugger the following  message appears:

CCSProtocolPlugin : CCS: Command Converter Not Present

Any ideas of how to fix this? Thanks in advance guys.

regards!

javier. hdez. a.

Labels (1)
1 Reply

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For Win7 issue, the CCS update in AN4338 should work well, if not, please close CodeWarrior, and run 'regservers.bat' which is under \bin subfolder in CW path.

<CW path>\Freescale\CodeWarrior for DSC56800E v8.3\bin

Then please check whether USBTAP driver is installed successfully? Could you please send me a screenshot to show USBTAP in device manager?

The USBTAP driver is in :

<CW path>\Freescale\CodeWarrior for DSC56800E v8.3\ccs\drivers\usb\

If the USBTAP driver is correctly installed, please create a new project by doing New -> DSP56800x EABI Stationery -> Your Board-> Simple C and Assembly.  Then change the Connection Settings to USB Tap and set the JTAG Clock Speed into 500. 

After this modification, please exit CCS in the systray. This is a restriction of tool, CCS need to exit after change the connection type.

Then start debugging, if the same error appear, please open CCS console, and key in the commands below:

delete all

config cc utap

config save

show cc

Then try to debug again.

If the above still does not work, would you please also send the below information? Thanks!

Please open CCS console, and

1) Key in command 'show version', please reply me with the information displayed on the console.

2) Key in commands 'log verbose abc.log', then start CW debugger to program the board.

I also need to know:

1) Is your Windows 7 64bit, or 32bit system?

2) Do you have standalone 56800E Flash Programmer installed on the same PC, or Eclipse CodeWarrior v10.x?

3) Could you please attach a screenshot to show USBTAP in Device Manager?

Thanks!

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------