Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

preprogrammed parts

Jump to solution
frankbannon
Contributor II

Hi,

I am a noob using the KL16 32QFN 64k part.  I understand I can order pre-programmed parts from Freescale.  Does anyone know the logistics involved to make that happen?

Frank

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Frank Bannon,

we does not sell pre-programmed parts. We sell the parts with Kinetis Bootloader.

Kinetis Bootloader (KBOOT) is a configurable flash programming utility that operates over a serial connection on Kinetis MCUs.

It enables quick and easy programming of Kinetis MCUs through the entire product lifecycle from application development to final product manufacturing and beyond for updating applications in the field with confidence.

The bootloader is delivered in two ways: as full source code that is highly configurable; or pre-programmed by Freescale into ROM or flash on select Kinetis devices.

Host-side command line and GUI tools are available to communicate with the bootloader. Users can utilize host tools to upload/download application code via the bootloader.

We have a table of supported devices:

supported.png

You can see more information at Kinetis Bootloader|Freescale

I hope it helps you,

Iva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jennywang
Contributor I

Hi, Iva,

I'm using MK22FN1M0AVLH12, does it come with flashloader?

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Frank Bannon,

we does not sell pre-programmed parts. We sell the parts with Kinetis Bootloader.

Kinetis Bootloader (KBOOT) is a configurable flash programming utility that operates over a serial connection on Kinetis MCUs.

It enables quick and easy programming of Kinetis MCUs through the entire product lifecycle from application development to final product manufacturing and beyond for updating applications in the field with confidence.

The bootloader is delivered in two ways: as full source code that is highly configurable; or pre-programmed by Freescale into ROM or flash on select Kinetis devices.

Host-side command line and GUI tools are available to communicate with the bootloader. Users can utilize host tools to upload/download application code via the bootloader.

We have a table of supported devices:

supported.png

You can see more information at Kinetis Bootloader|Freescale

I hope it helps you,

Iva

0 Kudos
frankbannon
Contributor II

Iva,

thank you very much.

I do have a follow up question, the above table indicates KL1x, but only shows the KL17 series.  I am using the KL16, is that compatible with the available boot loader?

Regards,

Frank

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Frank Bannon,

please, start with KL43 code.

Please go to Kinetis Bootloader|Freescale and download the Reference Manual for KBOOT,

page 77, Chapter 9 - Kinetis bootloader porting. It should help you to port to KL16.

You can also look at the Kinetis ROM Bootloader for KL43 in Reference Manual KL4x |Kinetis KL4x High Integration MCUs|Freescale Chapter 13, page 163.

I hope the information help you.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Frank Bannon,

you are welcome. Yes, in the table is not KL16 series.

KL16 does not have the support - does not have boot ROM,

but I´m checking the information with product manager of KBOOT if there is any other solution.

I will response as soon as possible,

Have a nice day,

Iva

0 Kudos