cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change emmc linux driver

stevenshi
Contributor I

hi,

my product have change emmc(Sandisk SDIN5C2-8G) to Hynix emmc chip(8GB), but hynix emmc is FPGA153 Ball.(sandisk is 169 ball), i want to konw how to change in linux driver,how to find  the freesacle emmc porting guide or document?The OS is Android 4.4.2. i am sw engineer.  thank you!

ps: our board based on the reference design for the Sabre board(SDB).

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi steven,

In our refrence design we use emmc(Sandisk SDIN5C2-8G) with 153ball, when you change the emmc to Hynix emmc chip(8GB) in your design nothing will be modified in linux driver.You can use the driver supplied in freescale's BSP.

Hope this can help you.
Have a great day
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

stevenshi
Contributor I

hi Dan:

i have check the SDB/SDP bom list from freescale(SABRESDB_DESIGNFILES/BOM/MCIMX6Q-SDB_C4_BOM.xls)

342-00495IC INAND MEM FLASH 8GB 2.7-3.6V TFBGA1691U512SANDISK CORPORATIONSDIN5C2-8G

i understand is wrong?

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi steven,

I wonder if you have solved the problem you meet in this thread. If yes, would you please help close this thread by click the Correct Answer button. If not, you can contact us easily. Many thanks.
Have a great day,
Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi steven,

You are right, I make mistake. But in your design, you can use the driver directly in freescale's BSP. No modify.
Have a great day
Dan

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

if the pins used to connect between EMMC and i.MX6 is not the same as the pins used in SDB, then you need to modify the IOMUX pins setting.

Is there any problem when using the new EMMC? could you describe more?

0 Kudos

stevenshi
Contributor I

Hi jimmy:

thank you for your supprot!

i am newer on linux driver, i know my first step is use freescale iomux tools to modify pins setting from your comment. i will to study it.  but what is next after i modify pins? need i change code on linux kernel? i found /arch/arm/plat-mxc/include//mach/iomux-mx6q.h, i think it need to modify, and any other??

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please see the /arch/arm/mach-mx6/board-mx6q_sabresd.h.

If you don't know how to set the IOMUX, please let me know how you connect the EMMC. Then I can show you how to set the IOMUX pins.

0 Kudos

stevenshi
Contributor I

hi Jimmy:

our eMMC chip is Hynix H26M42003GMR, i only have the schematic, need i upload the eMMC moudle schematic to you?

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I want to know how you connect the eMMC to the i.MX6.

Please submit a Service Request ticket from here:

Sales and Support|Freescale

--> click "Create Service Request".

Then you can send your schematic to me through the SR ticket.

0 Kudos

stevenshi
Contributor I

hi jimmy:

i have submit the service request, thanks!

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

After take a quick look, I think you are using the same pins as SDB. So, I think the EMMC should work when the board is up.

0 Kudos