Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markings on KL25 series 48-pin ICs

Jump to solution
shibbs
Contributor I

Hello,

This is a bit of a lame question, but I am trying to move from the frdm KL25Z board to a custom board that uses the 48-pin variant (specifically the KL25z128VFT4 ) and I am having some trouble in getting things up and running. From looking closely, I noticed that the marking on the chips I have (which came from Digikey) actually say M25M7V whereas the MKL25Z128VKLF4 markings appear on the frdm board's IC. I suspect this may come down to size limitations on the IC, and so perhaps it has been compressed, but from searching around and checking the documentation, I cannot see where this is explained, and so I want to make sure I'm using the correct ICs!

Could anyone out there check their KL25z128VFT4 (or similar 48 pin ICs) and verify they markings? I have similar markings on the KL26 ICs that I got from digikey (M26M7VFT) so I suspect this is as it should be, but I figure I should check.

Thank you,

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution
apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

You do have the correct part, as you have correctly assumed, part markings may differ from the actual part number based on the available space to engrave them.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

You do have the correct part, as you have correctly assumed, part markings may differ from the actual part number based on the available space to engrave them.

0 Kudos