Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSC9132 changing eSPI frequency

Jump to solution
brianarellano
Contributor I

HI,

We have a custom BSC9132 board and we are getting issues on SPI2 bus timing. Is it possible to adjust the SPI2 frequency after booting linux? Say, adjust the READ transaction to 10Mhz and WRITE to 20Mhz.

Thanks.

Brian

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The eSPI controller has 4 chip selects and clock modulus and clock pre-divider is configurable per-chip select. This means you can have individual clock settings per chip select, and also I do not see anything wrong if you will change clock settings before every SPI transaction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The eSPI controller has 4 chip selects and clock modulus and clock pre-divider is configurable per-chip select. This means you can have individual clock settings per chip select, and also I do not see anything wrong if you will change clock settings before every SPI transaction.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos