cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX and TAD not working in KDS

Jump to solution
leifzars
Contributor IV

I have ported my application from CodeWarrior to KDS. It works just fine, except I can not get the MQX plugins to work. All of the MQX views "Task List", "Lightweight Memory Pools" and so on show "Task list not retrieved successfully!"

And my call stack only shows one task, when in CodeWarrior it would show the stack for each task. What am I missing? I have read all of the documentation I can find but nothing.

KDS V 2.0.0

MQX Lite 1.1.1

Tags (3)
1 Solution
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Leif!

I have good news for you!

The issue was fixed (TAD version 1.0.8) and will be available on KDS update site along with release of KDS 3.0.0.

It is expected by end of April/beginning of May

Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Iva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Leif Zars,

many thanks for your notice. I reported this issue to development team and it is in solution.

I will let you know the final result.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos
leifzars
Contributor IV

Thanks Iva,

more notes

It worked once or twice, but does not any more. The code I am working with has changed very little, and not at all in the PE, or generated code areas.

But when it did, it was very very slow.

Just tried removing it and re installing the plugin, it worked during the first debugging session. But not the second.

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Leif!

I have good news for you!

The issue was fixed (TAD version 1.0.8) and will be available on KDS update site along with release of KDS 3.0.0.

It is expected by end of April/beginning of May

Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos
peterfurey
Contributor IV

Hi Iva,

I'm using KDS 3.0.0, KSDK 1.2.0, and have the latest TAD installed (1.0.8.201504151538) but I am also having this same problem.

Nothing is showing up in the TAD windows. For example the MQX Task List tab shows "Task list not retrieved successfully" in the Task Name column. Any idea what the issue might be?

Thanks,

Peter

....Just discovered that these fields only show up after I hit the pause button..., progress...

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello and ,

if you want to see the MQX Task List, you should suspend it by the button

suspend.png

then you will see in MQX Task List

MQX.png

Please, does it help you?

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos
peterfurey
Contributor IV

Hi Iva, Yes I figured this out yesterday. Thank you for your follow up. Peter

0 Kudos
leifzars
Contributor IV

Okay, looks like 1.0.8 fixed the issue.

But I found one issue, the Kernel Log tab only shows one log entry. It shows the Log, then only the first log entry in it.

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Leif!

Thank you for your feedback.

Kernel log should show only one log - kernel log.

Please, tell me your board, what do you use for project? which version of MQX are you using?

You can also attach the screenshot of the issue.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos
leifzars
Contributor IV

So in CW I would see all 100 log entry's when viewing the kernel log. I have my log size set to 100. In KDS 3.0.0 MQX lite 1.1.1 I see only one log entry.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Leif,

please, tell me your board, what do you use for project?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos
leifzars
Contributor IV

Do you see the problem ?

0 Kudos
leifzars
Contributor IV

Custom board with a MK20DN512xxx10 on it. I don't understand your other question.

0 Kudos
leifzars
Contributor IV

That is great news!  Thanks

leifzars
Contributor IV

Any one??? Does TAD work perfectly for you?

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Leif,

Things to try:

- Re: Problem: Installing MQX RTOS Task Aware Debugger for GDB plug-in (TAD)

-

According to this the MQX_init_struct should contain fake items for START_OF_KERNEL_MEMORY and END_OF_KERNEL_MEMORY.In the MQX examples the structure looks like this:

19916_19916.jpgmqx tad.jpg

Try to comment out the START_OF_KERNEL_MEMORY and END_OF_KERNEL_MEMORY with #if (1) and #endif.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
leifzars
Contributor IV

I have already install the MQX plugin, I am not sure how I can remove it and then re add it. I don't know how to remove a plugin in eclipse.

In MQX1.c kernel_data_prv is undeclared, so I get an error. But _mqx_kernel_data_struct is i think the same thing, so i made the substitution for __KERNEL_DATA_START.

/* START OF KERNEL MEMORY           */ &_mqx_kernel_data_struct,

/* END OF KERNEL MEMORY             */  (pointer)((uchar_ptr)&_mqx_kernel_data_struct + sizeof(_mqx_kernel_data_struct)),

No change.

0 Kudos
leifzars
Contributor IV

At my work computer it seems that things are working better. MQX now loads the run time kernel data, with the exception of the Kernel Log (I will look into this).

But my call stack still only shows the stack for the active task. Any way to get the same functionality of CW???

NVM!!!

Recompiled and MQX views are no longer syncing with my MQX runstate, so this seems to be an intermitant problem ?

Leif

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hello Leif,

from my understanding, TAD must work with MQX plugin installed. please refer this thread to install it:

Problem: Installing MQX RTOS Task Aware Debugger for GDB plug-in (TAD)

can it help?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
leifzars
Contributor IV

MQX plug-ins are installed. I see the MQX menu with all the debugging views, just no valid data.

That post seems to deal with installation problems, I don't believe I have an installation problem.

Unless I am missing something?

0 Kudos