CW 10.6 is duplicating a target task every time CW is initialized. How to get rid of this?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.6 is duplicating a target task every time CW is initialized. How to get rid of this?

CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

Hi Support staff; Is there a fix to this coming, or done?

e are trying to manage many projects and the list is out of control, makes it really hard to understand what is what across multiple projects.

Labels (1)
8 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carl,

I'm remember I met the problem in the past too.

I've tried to reproduce it with the MCU v10.6 with a sample project.

However it seems it's working fine.

The CW_MCU_v10_6_Update_3_0_0 was released last month.

This Update solved a problem with Target Task:

* ENGR00330546 - Flash actions settings lost after close then re-open a target task.

This is may be linked to the problem you reported.

Can you try to install the last patches ?

Perform a Help + Check for Updates and Help + Install New Software...

Attached the release notes

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

frankbaird
Contributor III

Pascal,

I am having this problem also. I am running CW 10.6.4 Update 6, which is the latest available. So it appears that either the problem came back, or that update did not actually fix the problem.

0 Kudos

CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

Thanks.

Problem is I cant update CW10.6, when I try I get this dialogue box (help > check for updates > agree to licnese > it downloads for a while then >

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed

session context was:(profile=PlatformProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).

Problems downloading artifact: binary,com.freescale.mcu10_6.update_root,3.0.0.

MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 78908cbc73bdce58824b3e8ef37be5d2 and found 8015c2223eaff5797d8631c5401fc5aa.

Just another typical experince with CW.

How do I update from here?

0 Kudos

CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

well I just selected the 3.0.0 updates from the massive list of updates and that worked, after the restart I installed the rest of hte updates and got:

session context was:(profile=PlatformProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).

Unable to read repository at http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/MCU10_6/com.freescale.mcu.updatesite/plugins/com.freesc....

chunked stream ended unexpectedly

0 Kudos

CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

If i try some other updates only:

An internal error occurred during: "Updating Software".

Profile PlatformProfile is not current. Expected timestamp 1424993238977 but was 1424993222043.

so glad we pay a yearly subscription for something that I spend more time fighting than using.

0 Kudos

CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

And another, this is for processor expert for MCU 10.6.3.RT6_b1146-0504

Unable to read repository at http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/MCU10_6/com.freescale.mcu.updatesite/plugins/com.freesc....

chunked stream ended unexpectedly

0 Kudos

CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

I played this game where you guess what order things need to be installed in and what dependencies they have, finally beat it, would play again, 5 stars. Would be a boring game if someone automated this process.

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Carl,

Sorry for the delay.

To avoid confusion I will create a new post for your question.

The fist time I've checked the issue I was pretty sure it was already handle.

Refer to CW 10.6 is duplicating a target task every time CW is initialized. How to get rid of this? for details.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos