cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K60+TWR_LCD with 8-bit Flexbus interface

vanajagujjala
Contributor III

Hi,

This is vanaja. I am doing K60-120MHZ Tower kit + 3.2'inch TWR_LCD with flexbus interface in 8-bit mode.previously I worked with K60-120MHZ Tower kit + 3.2'inch TWR_LCD  flexbus in 16-bit mode ,it is working fine but, it is not working in 8-bit mode means nothing on Display.What is the problem?any body explain about Flexbus 8-bit mode for TWR_LCD?

SW1-DIP1     -     ON

DIP2     -     ON

DIP3     -     ON

DIP4     -     ON

DIP5     -     ON

DIP6     -     ON

DIP7     -     ON

DIP8     -     OFF

This is the switch setting for 8-bit mode.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vanaja,

the hardware configuration is OK. Did you make the appropriate changes in Flexbus initialization?

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos

vanajagujjala
Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

Yes.I made the changes in Flexbus initialization.AS mentioned below

FLEXBS Initialization:

#ifdef D4DLCD_DISPLAY_MCU_USER_INIT
D4DLCD_DISPLAY_MCU_USER_INIT
#endif

D4DLCD_FLEX_CSAR = D4DLCD_FLEX_DC_ADDRESS;   // CS0 base address

D4DLCD_FLEX_CSMR = D4DLCD_FLEX_ADRESS_MASK | D4DLCD_FLEX_CSMR_V_MASK; // The address range is set to 128K because the DC signal is connected on address wire

D4DLCD_FLEX_CSCR = D4DLCD_FLEX_CSCR_MUX_MASK | D4DLCD_FLEX_CSCR_AA_MASK | D4DLCD_FLEX_CSCR_PS1_MASK; // FlexBus setup as fast as possible in multiplexed mode

#define D4DLCD_DISPLAY_MCU_USER_INIT SIM_SCGC5 |= SIM_SCGC5_PORTA_MASK | SIM_SCGC5_PORTB_MASK | SIM_SCGC5_PORTC_MASK | SIM_SCGC5_PORTD_MASK | SIM_SCGC5_PORTE_MASK;\

PORTC_PCR8=ALT5; PORTC_PCR9=ALT5; PORTC_PCR10=ALT5; PORTC_PCR11=ALT5;PORTD_PCR1=ALT5; PORTD_PCR2=ALT5;\

PORTD_PCR3=ALT5; PORTD_PCR4=ALT5; PORTD_PCR5=ALT5; PORTD_PCR6=ALT5; PORTB_PCR17=ALT5; PORTB_PCR18=ALT5;\

FLEX_CLK_INIT;SIM_SOPT2 |= SIM_SOPT2_FBSL(3); SIM_SCGC7 |= SIM_SCGC7_FLEXBUS_MASK;            //disabled

#define D4DLCD_FLEX_BASE_ADDRESS       0xA0010000

#define D4DLCD_FLEX_DC_ADDRESS           0xA0000000

#define D4DLCD_FLEX_ADRESS_MASK        0x00010000

#define D4DLCD_FLEX_CSCR_MUX_MASK  (FB_CSCR_BLS_MASK | CSCR_RESET)

#define D4DLCD_FLEX_CSCR_PS1_MASK  (FB_CSCR_PS(1))  //8-bit

is it right? need to any changes?

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vanaja,

I am not familiar with D4D and with the macros used in the initialization you shared.

Please refer to the post below for Flexbus examples. Here you will find also a document explaining the Flexbus configuration.

FlexBus in 16 bit mode and 8 bit access

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos

vanajagujjala
Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for the reply.And my problem is solved.Thanks.

0 Kudos