cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accessible I2C port on SABRE AI development board

jeevanmahadevu
Contributor II

Hello all,

We want to hook gyroscope onto the SABRE AI development board. From gyroscope i have I2C/SPI as the output interface to processor.

Please suggest me how to go ahead with hardware connection and steps of software development.

Regards,

Jeevan M

0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeevan

seems one can use I2C2/I2C3 ports (MMA8451)

i.MX6_SABRE_AI_DESIGNFILES   SCH-26662.pdf p.13

I am afraid there are no gyroscope examples but one can reuse MMA8451

driver, refer to attached Linux Manual Chapter 37 and

sensors porting guide. There is MMA8451 example in SDK:

i.MX 6Series Platform SDK : Bare-metal SDK

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jeevanmahadevu
Contributor II

Thank you Igor, The references gave me the clear idea on the software stack, drivers and about embedding it in the kernel. BUT i still have no idea on how to put the gyroscope on the SABRE AI development board, i didn't see any I2C pins left out to for expansion ( to connect any devices ) onto it ?

Is USB only hope, say i have the daughter PCB card on which i have gyroscope communicating to microcontroller with the USB ?

Regards,

Jeevan M

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Jeevan

these signals go through connector

connecting two boards, several devices may

be attached to one i2c line.

~igor

0 Kudos

jeevanmahadevu
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

In SABRE AI board, Why  Hi-Z_FOR_BOOT_B is provided during the boot only for Touch interrupt, Magnetometer interrupt, GPS interrupt, UART3_RTS of Bluetooth and for USB_HOST, Not for any other peripherals ?

Regards,

Jeevan M

0 Kudos