Where can I get Freescale's "OpenSDA Developer's Guide"?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I get Freescale's "OpenSDA Developer's Guide"?

Jump to solution
NNeff
Contributor III

I saw a mention of the "OpenSDA Developer's Guide", and it sounds like just what I need.  It comes up as a search term when one types OpenSDA in the search box on Freescale.com, but I can't find it in the search results, only the User's Guide which is minimal.  Searching on just "OpenSDA" brings up 247 results.  Can anyone tell me where I can get the Developer's Guide, or attach it to a reply to this post?  Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Nancy:

Apart from Yasuhiko and Iva's helpful answers, the next document should clarify a little bit this:

OpenSDAv2

The document you refer was not released due to the first version of OpenSDA being P&E proprietary.

Now OpenSDAv2 is open source and it is developed by the mbed community.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
NNeff
Contributor III

I found the reference to the Developer's Guide, in TKW2x_OSDAUG.pdf: 

"This document provides information required to operate OpenSDA. Information on how to integrate OpenSDA into a custom hardware design and how to create custom OpenSDA applications can be found in the OpenSDA Developer’s Guide (available October 2012)."

Did such a document ever become available?  If not, where is the best place to find info on "how to create custom OpenSDA applications"?

0 Kudos
yasuhikokoumoto
Senior Contributor I

Hello Nancy,

it would be this http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/OPENSDAUG.pdf .

Best regards.

Yasuhiko Koumoto.

NNeff
Contributor III

Thanks Yasuhiko, but what you are referencing is the User's Guide, which is short and doesn't say anything useful about developing custom apps for OpenSDA.  I'm looking for a document called "The OpenSDA Developer's Guide."

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Nancy:

Apart from Yasuhiko and Iva's helpful answers, the next document should clarify a little bit this:

OpenSDAv2

The document you refer was not released due to the first version of OpenSDA being P&E proprietary.

Now OpenSDAv2 is open source and it is developed by the mbed community.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos
NNeff
Contributor III

Hi Jorge,

That community discussion IS very helpful--thank you.  The mbed community is certainly productive and an asset to the ARM community.

Thanks for your answer,

Regards,

Nancy

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Nancy Neff,

maybe you find useful this thread. OpenSDA Developer Guide

I hope it helps,

Iva

NNeff
Contributor III

Thanks Iva.  That's frustrating info though!

0 Kudos
yasuhikokoumoto
Senior Contributor I

Hello.

I think it would be the document which several times had been referred in the community.

As you say, there is no useful information in it,

However, it is hit when searching "OpenSDA Developer's Guide" in several search engines.

I'm sorry but I can no more help you.

Best regards,

Yasuhiko Koumoto.

0 Kudos