AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using internal eeprom for bootloader selection(fixed!) Now I need help with interrupt vectors!

Question asked by fredrikb on Feb 19, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 12, 2015 by fredrikb

Hello!

I'm trying to make a bootloader for a MC9S08PT60 using the processor expert (CW 10.6), but I'm having some problems.

I've looked at this project for inspiration:

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/04/28/serial-bootloader-for-the-freedom-board-with-processor-expert/

But I'm trying to adopt it to my cpu, and I need to do some other changes, so I'm basically trying to do it from scratch.

First off, I want to use the internal eeprom as a bootloader/main-app selector.

I've made a selector-function, and added it to "User code before PE initialization" under "build options" of the cpu.

And I've added the header-file where the selector-function is declared under "user data declaration".

And to read from the eeprom-area I'm using the PE-generated "IEE1_GetByte"-function.

But I get 0xFF in return, regardless of the content of the cell (and I get err=OK)...

The eeprom functions works well in the main-function after "PE_low_level_init()"

So I'm guessing that I need to initialize the eeprom in some way, in my selector-function?

And secondly, I dont understand how the jump to the main-app is done in that example:

What exactly does this row do?

((void(*)(void))startup)(); /* Jump to application startup code */

Here's the declaration and assignment of "startup" from the same example:

uint32_t startup; /* assuming 32bit function pointers */

startup = ((uint32_t*)APP_FLASH_VECTOR_START)[1]; /* this is the reset vector (__startup function) */

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Ps. one more thing: The eeprom area always erases itself every time I re-program the cpu with CW and the BDM-connector.

How can I prevent that from happening?

Outcomes