cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem setting up RAM sections in PE on K21

Jump to solution
mkeller
Contributor I

I am using CodeWarrior v10.6 to set up a MK21FX512VMC12 CPU using Processor Expert.  I am running into an error when I try to setup the RAM sections.  The default setting sets up two sections:

Name: m_data

Address: 1FFF8000

Size: 8000

Name: m_data_20000000

Address: 20000000

Size: 8000

This only configures the part for 64K of RAM space.  According to the part specifications and reference manual, the part has 128 KB of RAM (which is actually why we selected it - we outgrew a smaller K20 MCU).  I followed the specifications in the reference manual (K21 Sub-Family Reference Manual, Rev. 3, April 2014 section 3.5.3.2) for configuring the SRAM addresses.  Using these guidelines I setup the following two sections in PE:

Name: m_data

Address: 1FFF0000

Size: FFFF

Name: m_data_20000000

Address: 20000000

Size: FFFF

When I try to configure these sections, Processor Expert gives me an error saying "There is no access to memory from 0x1FFF0000 to 0x1FFF7FFF" for the m_data section and "There is no access to memory from 0x20000000 to 0x2000FFFF" for the m_data_20000000 section.

I'm assuming I can get around this by turning off the link file generation and manually configuring the sections.   I wanted to verify that I'm not doing something wrong in my configuration before going down that path.  Also, I'd prefer not to take that approach since you really lose the benefits that the tool brings. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Matt Keller:

Your observation is correct and this seems to be a Processor Expert bug. I will report it to the developers, thank you for your finding.

The workaround as you stated is to disable linker file generation and doing the proper changes.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Matt Keller:

Your observation is correct and this seems to be a Processor Expert bug. I will report it to the developers, thank you for your finding.

The workaround as you stated is to disable linker file generation and doing the proper changes.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos
mkeller
Contributor I

Thanks for verifying it wasn't an issue with my configuration.  I will use the work around.

0 Kudos