cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with external Interrupt on MPC8360E MDS

Timmo
Contributor I
Hello.
I'm trying to initialize the external Interrupt for the UART interface. But when I set the MSR[EE] bit to 1 I always get a Reset after 60 Seconds. The Watchdog is disabled (SWCRR = 0). The funny thing is, when I set the SIMSR_H and SIMSR_L to zero (therefore, no external interrupt should be recognized), I get an reset nevertheless. Is something connected to the external interrupt pin (inta) which is not decribed in the datasheet (not connected via IPIC)?
Another Problem is, when I setup the UART Controller for the received data available interrupt (ERDAI) and after that I send a character to the controller, I get a reset too. Normally the Core should jump @ 0x0500, but the code which is placed there seems to be never executed.
I hope somebody can help me
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Timmo
Contributor I
I think I found it. The Decrementer is also using the MSR[EE]. And when I enable the external interrupts the decrementer interrupt is captured too. And the reason for the reset is, that i've mapped the Flash memory to 0xFE00_000. So the Resetvector is @ 0xFEF0_0100, but i seems to be a problem for the MMU (or something else) if the Resetvector isn't @ 0xFF80_0000. So now I mapped the Flash to 0x0000_0000 and everything works fine.
0 Kudos