Getting linker error "cannot find entry symbol Reset_Handler" when trying to compile Hello World for FRDM-K22F

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting linker error "cannot find entry symbol Reset_Handler" when trying to compile Hello World for FRDM-K22F

Jump to solution
charleszimnicki
Contributor II

I am new to Kinetis and KDS. I purchased FRDM-K22F and I have spent many hours trying to (diligently) follow "Writing my first KSDK Application in KDS Hello World and Toggle LED with GPIO Interrupt". I attempted installation on two separate computers, changing K64F references to K22F equivalents when appropriate. The program finally compiles but linker gives an error "cannot find entry symbol Reset_Handler".

Any help on what to do next would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I tested the issue you reported trying to reproduce it but I have no errors in the console window.

I followed the same instructions from the "Writing my first KSDK Application in KDS Hello World and Toggle LED with GPIO Interrupt" document making the appropriate changes to use the K22FN512 files.

I recommend:

• If you are using a different KDS version update to KDS v2.0.0
  • Check that the KSDK_PATH environmental variable is pointing to the correct folder.
  • Check the linker file path file in Project > properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > Cross ARM C++ Linker > General

Hope this information can help you

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I tested the issue you reported trying to reproduce it but I have no errors in the console window.

I followed the same instructions from the "Writing my first KSDK Application in KDS Hello World and Toggle LED with GPIO Interrupt" document making the appropriate changes to use the K22FN512 files.

I recommend:

• If you are using a different KDS version update to KDS v2.0.0
  • Check that the KSDK_PATH environmental variable is pointing to the correct folder.
  • Check the linker file path file in Project > properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > Cross ARM C++ Linker > General

Hope this information can help you

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

albertolubeiro
Contributor III

Hi David,

I am having the same error as Charles, this is: <<cannot find entry symbol Reset_Handler>>

I have checked what you say in your response to him but every thing is ok. I also have checked what he says about forgetting a quote but unfortunately this is also ok. lol

Any suggestion?

I am trying to do it with a FRDM-K64F

Thanks and best regards.

0 Kudos
charleszimnicki
Contributor II

Thank you for ultra fast response. The actual problem was one of the quotes missing in linker library search path but your answer pointed me in the right direction.

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For others wanting to play with example I recreated it also and have attached it.

Just un-ZIP in your KSDK_1.1.0 folder and ensure your platform library has been built.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos