New frame before end of frame error (IPU)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New frame before end of frame error (IPU)

johnsmith2
Contributor I

Hi,

How should "New frame before end of frame error" (IPU_INT_STAT_5) be handled in the IPU? I have not been able to find any documentation on how this error condition should be handled. I would appreciate if someone could point me to the relevant documentation.

Whenever this error occurs the video being overlaid on the display is vertically offset from the top, wraps around and never recovers its correct vertical offset. I am reproducing this issue by switching between 2 analog video inputs.

My current plan is to handle this error by detecting the "New frame before end of frame error" and then restarting the video overlay as this has proven to be the only way to correct this problem.

I would appreciate any feedback on whether this is the right way to handle this issue.

Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John

suggest to check below discussion

iMX53 platform:IPU Error - IPU_INT_STAT_5 = 0x00000001

Best regards

igor

johnsmith2
Contributor I

Thanks Igor.

I'm using a vfl2 capture device to overlay video and not a v4l2 output device so the discussion does not solve the issue i've got.

I am considering moving to the v4l2 output device to solve this issue but would prefer to avoid any performance impact as overlaying video bypasses the arm processor.

0 Kudos