AnsweredAssumed Answered

Where would I find a reference manual for the various methods for a CAN logical device driver in CW for MCUs (I'm using a FRDM-KE06Z board).

Question asked by Nancy Neff on Feb 15, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 17, 2015 by Nancy Neff

I've created a CAN component in my FRDM board project in CodeWarrior for MCUs.  I'm relatively new to both CAN and the FRDM boards, and I've been searching for some better (fuller) explanations of what the various methods for which one can generate code are for.  The "tool tip" that pops up for each method contains the function prototype and a list of possible error codes that might be returned, but contains no explanation of how the function is used or what it's used for in a CAN implementation.  The tutorials on CAN and on J1939 on-line talk in general about CAN and J1939 but not, of course, about the specific methods generated by CodeWarrior for MCUs for the specific transceiver on the FRDM board. I'm using CW for MCUs 10.6, and creating a project for the FRDM-KE06Z board.  Where would I find more information on the methods for which code is generated by CW for CAN on a FRDM board?

Outcomes