cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCF5216 internal flash security and internal SRAM addressing

JackD
Contributor II
Hi, I need urgent help here.

we use internal flash for all the code also need to adress external SRAM and other peripheral devices residing on external bus port.

I need to secure the internal flash to protect the code and then realized the external SRAM and other devices on data bus.

contact tech support and the reply through email is that it can be done. I was told that after the single chip mode boot up, I need to configure the bus pins from GPIO back to primary function. However I cannot find any way to configure the address pins back to primary function as there are no Port-H, Port-G pin assignemnt registers.

thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

JackD
Contributor II
sorry, some mistakes above.

Hi, I need urgent help here.

we use internal flash for all the code also need to adress external SRAM and other peripheral devices residing on external bus port.

I need to secure the internal flash to protect the code and then realized the external SRAM and other devices on data bus CANNOT be addressed.

contact tech support and the reply through email is that it can be done. I was told that after the single chip mode boot up, I need to configure the bus pins from GPIO back to primary function. However I cannot find any way to configure the address pins back to primary function as there are no Port-H, Port-G pin assignemnt registers.

thanks.
0 Kudos

theresources
Contributor I

Hi JackD

My reply (very late from your post...) just to know if you have solved this problem......

I have the same problem: keep active the external bus for a big SDRAM banks but with internal flash secured from undesiderable BDM access!!

Have you solved? 

Have you received a valid hints from Freescale people or from this forums?

Thanks in advance for the reply

Regards

0 Kudos