FRDM-KL43Z : Cannot compile the ksdk_platform_lib and get the ksdk_platform_lib.a

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL43Z : Cannot compile the ksdk_platform_lib and get the ksdk_platform_lib.a

antoineeniotna
Contributor I

Hello everyone.

I purchased the FRDM-KL43Z and I try to compile the platform driver library in Kinetis Design Studio IDE using the "Kinetis SDK FRDM-KL43Z Freescale Freedom Development Board Platform User's Guide.pdf" (4.4 section).

But unfortunately, I have a problem when I reach the end of the compilation and I am stuck right now with the following error :

"Building target: /home/*******/Public/Freescale/KSDK1.0.0_KL43Z_1.0.1/lib/ksdk_platform_lib/kds/KL43Z4/debug/ksdk_platform_lib.a

Invoking: Cross ARM GNU Archiver

arm-none-eabi-ar -r  "/home/*******/Public/Freescale/KSDK1.0.0_KL43Z_1.0.1/lib/ksdk_platform_lib/kds/KL43Z4/debug/ksdk_platform_lib.a"  ./platform/uart/hal/fsl_uart_hal.o  ./platform/uart/drivers/common/fsl_uart_common.o  ./platform/uart/drivers/fsl_uart_driver.o  ./platform/tpm/hal/fsl_tpm_hal.o  ./platform/tpm/drivers/common/fsl_tpm_common.o  ./platform/tpm/drivers/fsl_tpm_driver.o  ./platform/spi/hal/fsl_spi_hal.o  ./platform/spi/drivers/fsl_spi_common.o ./platform/spi/drivers/fsl_spi_master_driver.o ./platform/spi/drivers/fsl_spi_shared_function.o ./platform/spi/drivers/fsl_spi_slave_driver.o  ./platform/smc/hal/fsl_smc_hal.o  ./platform/sim/system/fsl_sim_hal_KL43Z4.o  ./platform/sim/hal/fsl_sim_hal.o  ./platform/sai/hal/fsl_sai_hal.o  ./platform/sai/drivers/fsl_sai_driver.o  ./platform/sai/common/fsl_sai_common.o  ./platform/rtc/hal/fsl_rtc_hal.o  ./platform/rtc/drivers/fsl_rtc_common.o ./platform/rtc/drivers/fsl_rtc_driver.o  ./platform/rcm/hal/fsl_rcm_hal.o  ./platform/power/system/fsl_power_manager.o  ./platform/port/hal/fsl_port_hal.o  ./platform/pmc/hal/fsl_pmc_hal.o  ./platform/pit/hal/fsl_pit_hal.o  ./platform/pit/drivers/fsl_pit_driver.o ./platform/pit/drivers/fsl_pit_irq.o  ./platform/pit/common/fsl_pit_common.o  ./platform/osc/hal/fsl_osc_hal.o  ./platform/mcglite/hal/fsl_mcglite_hal.o ./platform/mcglite/hal/fsl_mcglite_hal_modes.o  ./platform/lpuart/hal/fsl_lpuart_hal.o  ./platform/lpuart/drivers/fsl_lpuart_driver.o  ./platform/lpuart/common/fsl_lpuart_common.o  ./platform/lptmr/hal/fsl_lptmr_hal.o  ./platform/lptmr/drivers/fsl_lptmr_driver.o  ./platform/lptmr/common/fsl_lptmr_common.o  ./platform/llwu/hal/fsl_llwu_hal.o  ./platform/interrupt/system/fsl_interrupt_manager.o  ./platform/i2c/hal/fsl_i2c_hal.o  ./platform/i2c/drivers/slave/fsl_i2c_slave_driver.o  ./platform/i2c/drivers/master/fsl_i2c_master_driver.o  ./platform/i2c/drivers/common/fsl_i2c_common.o ./platform/i2c/drivers/common/fsl_i2c_shared_function.o  ./platform/hwtimer/system/fsl_hwtimer.o ./platform/hwtimer/system/fsl_hwtimer_pit.o ./platform/hwtimer/system/fsl_hwtimer_systick.o  ./platform/gpio/hal/fsl_gpio_hal.o  ./platform/gpio/drivers/fsl_gpio_driver.o  ./platform/gpio/common/fsl_gpio_common.o  ./platform/dma/hal/fsl_dma_hal.o ./platform/dma/hal/fsl_dmamux_hal.o  ./platform/dma/drivers/fsl_dma_driver.o  ./platform/dma/common/fsl_dma_common.o  ./platform/dac/hal/fsl_dac_hal.o  ./platform/dac/drivers/fsl_dac_driver.o  ./platform/dac/common/fsl_dac_common.o  ./platform/cop/hal/fsl_cop_hal.o  ./platform/cop/drivers/fsl_cop_driver.o  ./platform/cop/common/fsl_cop_common.o  ./platform/clock/system/fsl_clock_KL43Z4.o ./platform/clock/system/fsl_clock_manager.o  ./platform/adc/hal/fsl_adc_hal.o  ./platform/adc/drivers/fsl_adc_driver.o  ./platform/adc/common/fsl_adc_common.o  ./osa/fsl_os_abstraction_bm.o  

arm-none-eabi-ar: /home/*******/Public/Freescale/KSDK1.0.0_KL43Z_1.0.1/lib/ksdk_platform_lib/kds/KL43Z4/debug/ksdk_platform_lib.a: no such file or directory

make: *** [/home/*******/Public/Freescale/KSDK1.0.0_KL43Z_1.0.1/lib/ksdk_platform_lib/kds/KL43Z4/debug/ksdk_platform_lib.a] Error 1

make: Target `main-build' not remade because of errors."

Dis someone already encounter this problem ?

Thank you for your answers.

Antoine.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

antoineeniotna
Contributor I

I found and solved this issue. I hope it will help maybe other people who want to use linux to code.

It's a really common mistake on Linux which is case sensitive.

Under Kinetis Design Studio, in the ksdk_platform_lib_KL43Z4 project properties, when you check the "C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Buld Artifact" tab, you can see the artifact name is "${ProjDirPath}/debug/ksdk_platform_lib" or "${ProjDirPath}/release/ksdk_platform_lib". But it looks in fact for Debug or Release folders and not for debug and release. So you have to change the value of the folder in this text field.

Capture du 2015-02-15 10_40_48.pngCapture du 2015-02-15 10_41_39.png

I hope I have been clear.

Antoine.

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Antoine:

I am glad you found the cause. And thanks a lot for sharing the solution, this might help others with the same situation.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Antoine Eniotna:

Are you using Windows OS? There is an issue mentioned in KSDK release notes about maximum length for file paths.

Try installing KSDK in the default directory: C:\Freescale.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

antoineeniotna
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer.

I program on linux. I tried on Windows 7 ans it works perfectly but I would like to make it works on Linux Debian. I installed again the KSDK on the root folder of Linux but I still have the same error. I really don't understand. It's quite the same configuration on the two OS.

Antoine.

0 Kudos