cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger overwrites flexnvm partitions

stephenspaceman
Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to use the FlexRam as an EEPROM on the K64FX512, and I'm running into a problem.

I am able to successfully create the partitions using a Program Partition command.  After this, the EEERDY flag is set, and the values read back from the Data flash IFR match the values that I just wrote.

The problem comes when I disconnect the debugger and reconnect.  Apparently a mass erase occurs and my EEPROM partitions are wiped out.

Code Warrior apparently has an Advanced Options dialog in the Debug Configurations window where you can preserve sections of Flash, but Kinetis Design Studio does not appear to have this feature.

I am using OpenSDA with the FRDM-K64 board to program my own board.  I've been using this setup for about a month and haven't run into any issues.  I tried installing the GNU ARM Eclipse OpenOCD plugin, but did not see any added functionality.  I just upgraded to KDS 2.0, but again didn't see any changes relevant to this problem.

Are there any config files that I can modify so the FlexNVM memory space is preserved?  Is there any way to workaround this limitation?

I'd appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Edit... I wrote OpenSDA instead of OpenOCD

Stephen

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Stephen Clark:

Same topic is discussed in the next thread. Please read colleague Pascal's answers:

Partition FlexNVRAM with KDS

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

stephenspaceman
Contributor II

Thanks Jorge.  I previously didn't read all the way to the bottom of that thread.

So this is a known issue.  P&E is working on or has completed a fix for this, but it is unknown when it will be released.

On my project I have an external SPI flash part that I can use for now, but it would be extremely useful for me to take advantage of the FlexRAM EEPROM.  That is actually why I chose this specific part.

I guess I'll just have to wait until this feature is available.

Thanks again,

Stephen

0 Kudos