M52233  CW 6.3 SE floating point libary

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M52233  CW 6.3 SE floating point libary

jjr
Contributor I
Hi , Im trying to get floating point enabled in my project running on a M52233, using CW 6.3 SE.
In the project menu the floating point option is set to software, being there is no FPU in the chip, but
it is greyed out. The manual say to include the appropriate libary to enable this option. I read though
the help and the CF build tool manual sections dealing with runtime librarys etc, but don't see how to
add/delete librarys. I read in a thread to set the following in ansi-prefix.cf.size.h

#if !(__COLDFIRE__ == 0x4080 && !__option(fp_library))
////#define _MSL_FLOATING_POINT     0
////#define _MSL_NO_MATH_LIB                    1
#define _MSL_FLOATING_POINT     1
#undef _MSL_NO_MATH_LIB
#endif
////#define _MSL_FLOATING_POINT_IO    0
#define _MSL_FLOATING_POINT_IO    1

and rebuilt the project, but still get the errors. Is there a document that describes how to go
about this ? I assume the default project is using the * SZ.a libs, which don't support FP. How do
I change this and use the standard type lib ? How do you see what MSL libs are included in your
project so you can add/delete libs ?

Thanks for any help,
 John

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Black
Contributor I
You can see the project libraries in the project window, Files tab with a .a extension. The library you need in your case is fp_coldfire.a located in CodeWarrior for ColdFire installation folder\E68K_Support\Libraries. You can add the library by drag and dropping it from Windows Explorer to the project window in the Files tab and choose the project targets to which you want to add this library or by right-clicking on a project folder in the CodeWarrior project window ->Add files and browse to the fp_coldfire.a library location indicated above. To delete a library from a project, right click on the library name->Remove.  

The MSL C libraries are located in CodeWarrior for ColdFire  installation folder\E68K_Support\msl\MSL_C\MSL_E68k\Lib.

I suggest creating a ColdFire stationery project with the CodeWarrior new project wizard that has these libraries already added.

I also recommend using the current CW ColdFire version 6.4, available for download here. Please install this 6.4 version in a separate folder as you can have several CodeWarrior installations on the same computer.

Thank you.

Black
0 Kudos

jjr
Contributor I
Thank you Black. I have been looking through the docs and online threads and haven't seen
mention of this library. It does work with my CW 6.3 Personal Edition.

John

0 Kudos