Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe has stopped working

Jump to solution
troide
Contributor II

Hello Community,

I installed  Kinetis Design Studio Version 2.0.0 and MQX 4.1.1 for KDS. I followed "Getting Started" document and update KDS and import MQX library and Hello world example. It built without error and I flash TWR-K60F120 and run the code but once I pause the code to debug it I got this error pop-up message

19805_19805.pngkds.png

Ever time I tried this message I got the same error. It's my first experince with KDS. any idea? suggestion?

Cheers,

Sin

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sin,

I just went through the process of loading the MQX4.1.1 RTOS, compiling the BSP and PSP, then loading the hello_world example, compile and run successfully on TWR-K60F120M tower hardware (good to check your jumper setting in the following doc: C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1_1_GA\doc\MQX_Getting_Started.pdf  Section 9.13 TWR-K60F120M.

I tested first with PEMicro USB MultiLink.

Then with the on-board OSJTAG interface.  If you are using this interface please ensure the firmware is up-to-date.  P&E Microcomputer Systems

Both worked fine for me.

I could run, set breakpoints and see Terminal output of " Hello World ".

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sin,

I just went through the process of loading the MQX4.1.1 RTOS, compiling the BSP and PSP, then loading the hello_world example, compile and run successfully on TWR-K60F120M tower hardware (good to check your jumper setting in the following doc: C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1_1_GA\doc\MQX_Getting_Started.pdf  Section 9.13 TWR-K60F120M.

I tested first with PEMicro USB MultiLink.

Then with the on-board OSJTAG interface.  If you are using this interface please ensure the firmware is up-to-date.  P&E Microcomputer Systems

Both worked fine for me.

I could run, set breakpoints and see Terminal output of " Hello World ".

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
troide
Contributor II

Thanks David. I think it was clock issue (wrong jumper). Anyway I'm able to run and debug the code. but I have another question about importing the project. If I try to import a project and I select "Copy projects into workspace" then the source files won't import to the workspace properly. If I open the files I come across a message like "Error retrieving content description for resource xx.c" . In the other case if don't select copy project option then I got a arrow symbol on the source file icons which shows it's just a link to the file.

Is there any other way to import the project?

0 Kudos
barrymcnamara
Contributor II

I would try creating a new project and copying the files into it using your file manager.

0 Kudos