cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9131 RDB does not work with ANT2 lanes

rcreddy
Contributor III

Hi All,

it is so pathetic that RF card inserted into LANE2/ANT2 does not work. Everyday my frustration is peaking up. sorry to open up on you guys. the RF card came with RDB does not get configured with rftool,

root@bsc913x:~# /rf-util/rftool -i rf1 -r AD9361R2_TX1A_RX1A_TX2A_RX2A_1950MHz_2

140MHz_Band1_WCDMA.txt --synth_table /rf-util/config/SynthLUT_40_FDD_v2.txt

rf1: Failed to run phy init script

come on Freescale team, dont throw issues/errors on customers. i read thru all documentation, it is no where mentioned as how to configure this.

Please tell me how to configure RF card on ANT2/LANE 2.

Thanks

RC Reddy

0 Kudos
4 Replies

rcreddy
Contributor III

Freescale team

can u try helping me with this wonderfull statements/english

4.14 ADI The three antennae interfaces are supported on the board using two connectors, connector 1 and connector 2. The RF connector cards should enable the testing of data sent from the BSC9131 AIC block.

If J16 selects MAX_REF_CLK or ADI_REF_CLK then, • Open • CON1 supplies clock to MAX_REF_CLK; only has an ADI mode. • CON2 supplies clock to ADI_REF_CLK. Antenna interface QorIQ Qonverge BSC9131 Reference Design Board Reference Manual, Rev. 0, 06/2014 52 Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.

0 Kudos

rcreddy
Contributor III

Hi All,

it is so pathetic that RF card inserted into LANE2/ANT2 does not work. Everyday my frustration is peaking up. sorry to open up on you guys. the RF card came with RDB does not get configured with rftool,

root@bsc913x:~# /rf-util/rftool -i rf1 -r AD9361R2_TX1A_RX1A_TX2A_RX2A_1950MHz_2

140MHz_Band1_WCDMA.txt --synth_table /rf-util/config/SynthLUT_40_FDD_v2.txt

rf1: Failed to run phy init script

come on Freescale team, dont throw issues/errors on customers. i read thru all documentation, it is no where mentioned as how to configure this.

Please tell me how to configure RF card on ANT2/LANE 2.

Thanks

RC Reddy

0 Kudos

d_li
Contributor III

"The RDB has two connectors for RF interface. One connector supports two antenna connections based on JESD207 (ADI) interface, while the second one supports one antenna connection based on JESD207 (ADI) interface and one antenna connection based on Maxim MAX PHY interface."

Dug this up from some documentation. Based on this, it would see you need to use J9 (RF interface 1 ANT 3)

0 Kudos

rcreddy
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I wonder what sort of engineer would design such same type of connector [ANT2 and ANT3], but different RF card. If he has done, lets appreciate the engineer for his 8th Wonder in the world.

In my belief, it should work, its just that one antenna will not be configured in the rf card and the same card should work. i looked at that document "http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/BSC9131RDBRM.pdf".

if you want to have fun with Freescale documentation, please try understanding this section.

4.14 ADI

Thanks

RC Reddy

0 Kudos