cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Opening SPI Drivers w/ K60f120m

socci
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to run the MQX 4.1 SPI demo project on my tower system using the k60f120m board.  I went into my user_config.h file and enabled SPI0,SPI1, and SPI2 by setting them to 1.  Also at the bottom of that file there are a few tabs (bsp, MQX, rtcs...user_config.h).  I went to the bsp tab and changed bsp_enable_spix from false to true for each of the SPI options.  The program compiles without error, but there is a warning message.  It was an error, but after my changes it is now a warning.  The flagged code is below.

#elif BSP_SPI_MEMORY_CHANNEL == 2

#if ! BSPCFG_ENABLE_SPI2

#error This application requires BSPCFG_ENABLE_SPI2 defined non-zero in user_config.h. Please recompile kernel with this option.

I also went into the k60f120m.h files and set where it defined the SPI connections to 1 from 0s. As shown below.

** Enable SPI2 device

** MGCT: <option type="bool"/>

*/

#ifndef BSPCFG_ENABLE_SPI2

#define BSPCFG_ENABLE_SPI2

The program compiles and runs, but an error message saying Error opening SPI driver appears.  The code which throws the error message is below.

spifd = fopen (TEST_CHANNEL, NULL);

if (NULL == spifd)

{

printf ("Error opening SPI driver!\n");

_time_delay (200L);

_task_block ();

}

0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Michael,

I executed the folowing steps to switch to SPI2:

1.      One change in the twrk60f120m.h to define BSP_SPI_MEMORY_CHANNEL as 2

2.      two changes in the user_config.h to disable BSPCFG_ENABLE_SPI0 and enable BSPCFG_ENABLE_SPI2

3.      A new build of the MQX

4.      A new build of the spi example program

In addition please verify the below configuration in the  that you have the below configuration in the  init_gpio.c file.

Case 2:        

/* Configure GPIOD for DSPI2 peripheral function    */        

pctl = (PORT_MemMapPtr)PORTB_BASE_PTR;          

pctl->PCR[20] = PORT_PCR_MUX(2);    /* DSPI2.PCS0  */        

pctl->PCR[21] = PORT_PCR_MUX(2);    /* DSPI2.SCK    */        

pctl->PCR[22] = PORT_PCR_MUX(2);    /* DSPI2.SOUT  */        

pctl->PCR[23] = PORT_PCR_MUX(2);    /* DSPI2.SIN    */

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

socci
Contributor I

I appreciate the help, but unfortunately I can still not get it to work.  I disabled the SPI0 and SPI1 connections in both the user_config.c and twrk60f120.m.h files and left SPI2 to 1.   Should I be leaving any of the SPI0/SPI1 options in the twrk60f120m.h file set to 1, or should they be 0? An image below shows where I changed them.  Also my int_gpio.c has a warning of pctl may be used uninitalized in this function.  The error is shown below.

spi.JPG.jpg

GPIO.JPG.jpg

0 Kudos