KDS or Codewarrior?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS or Codewarrior?

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

It's my understanding that future Kinetis families won't be supported under Codewarrior, but my observation is that if you go to the Kinetis product families web page (Kinetis E series, for example), there is no mention of KDS.  There's a link to get Codewarrior, and there is the note that future Kinetis products won't be supported, and only then does it mention KDS.  Even under the IDE tools list KDS is not listed.  Seems like KDS isn't really being promoted, any reason why?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David:

Sorry, there are some product pages that have not been updated to reflect the new KDS. I will provide this feedback to our web team, thank you.

There is however a dedicated page which shows all the IDE options for Kinetis development:

IDEs for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale

I also recommend you to check the next article by colleague Erich Styger comparing CW and KDS:

Comparing CodeWarrior with Kinetis Design Studio | MCU on Eclipse

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos