i.MX6SL HDMI display weird

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6SL HDMI display weird

m_c
Senior Contributor I

We use MCIMX6SLEVK+MCIMXHDMICARD with L3.10.17_1.0.0 prebuilt image.

We found HDMI display weird but LCD is good by below command.

gst-launch videotestsrc ! mfw_v4lsink

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi m.c,

Could you please specify if just the video test is not shown properly? The HDMI desktop image is not very clear. Additionally, have you verified the considerations for the different resolutions on LCD and HDMI displays?

Hope this information will be useful for you.

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos

m_c
Senior Contributor I

LCD resolution is 800x480, and HDMI is 1280x720. We have try to change HDMI resolution by kernel parameter "video=mxcfb0:dev=sii902x_hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24", but it's not work. The X11 desktop show at LCD (imx6slevk_lcd_01.jpg) and HDMI (imx6slevk_hdmi_01.jpg) are properly. However, gstreamer video test on HDMI became black & white and weird (imx6slevk_hdmi_02.jpg) but properly on LCD (imx6slevk_lcd_02.jpg).

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi m.c,

Experts have sent a patch that can be used to fix the issue. It was caused by V4L PXP driver.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I have consulted with the experts, and the issue should be caused by display bpp setting, in 3.10.53 GA1.1.0 BSP, when setting the display bpp to 16, it works fine, but when setting bpp to 32 and 24, the issue will happen.

If the LCD is set to 32 or 24 bpp, the issue will also happen, it seems the 3.10 BSP's v4l2sink had issue to handle 24 and 32 bpp frame buffer case.

The test command in 3.10.53 GA1.1.0 BSP:

gst-launch videotestsrc !  imxv4l2sink

By the way, on 3.0.35_GA4.1.0, it works fine for all 16bpp, 24bpp and 32 bpp framebuffer.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos