quitIDE command

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quitIDE command

danielmak
Contributor I

I got an  "Opening File" error (ERRORLEVEL 1 in the DOS shell) when I use "cmdwin::quitIDE" command in "command Window".   System accepts this command and quit IDE without any incidence.

Can anybody give me some hints on how to get rid of this error?   Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel Mak,

Could you tell us the CodeWarrior version and the device you are using?

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

danielmak
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for responding to my question.

We're using DSC56800/E Version 8.3, Build091203 with a USB TAP in a XP machine.  CmdIDE.exe is 5.9.0 Build 4713.  We're in the process of expanding our capacity and a second setup is needed.  The original XP machine has CmdIDE 5.6.1 Build 1658. 

Thanks,

Daniel Mak

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit OS.

I've installed CW for DSC V8.2 and V8.3.

I've performed several tests and found that I reproduced the problem on my side too.

However if I'm using a script (.tcl) file where I use the cmdwin::quitIDE instruction, no error is generated.

I've created a short example for DSC V8.2 and DSC V8.3.

The .tcl contains:

cmdwin::project -o test_dsc.mcp

cmdwin::debug

cmdwin::go

cmdwin::wait 5000

cmdwin::kill

cmdwin::project -close

cmdwin::quitIDE

See below the command prompt displays:

++++++++++

E:\Temp_bis\Community\341628\test_dsc>"E:\Freescale\CodeWarrior for DSC56800E v8

.2\bin\cmdide.exe" /d test.tcl

Metrowerks CodeWarrior IDE. Hit /? for help

No Error. (Code 0)

E:\Temp_bis\Community\341628\test_dsc>"E:\Freescale\CodeWarrior for DSC56800E v8

.3\bin\cmdide.exe" /d test_8_3.tcl

Freescale CodeWarrior IDE. Hit /? for help

No Error. (Code 0)

E:\Temp_bis\Community\341628\test_dsc>

++++++++++

However if I launch the IDE and use the cmdwin::quitIDE instruction outside a script file I get the error.

.3\bin\cmdide.exe"

Freescale CodeWarrior IDE. Hit /? for help

ERROR: Error Opening Project File. (Code 1)

This error is not linked to an issue in IDE but it's a problem between cmdIDE.exe and Command Window.

Attached you will find a video showing you more info and the project I've used.

I don't think this issue will be solved as the new development tool is based on Eclipse.

Last version supporting DSC architectures is CW for MCU V10.6

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

danielmak
Contributor I

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’ll try the cwdwin commands you showed me. I use similar commands except for the “project-close” in the .tcl file. Let me add this command to find out.

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos

danielmak
Contributor I

Hi Pascal,

I tried the same cmdwin commands you suggested in a tlc script file but Error 1 still wouldn't go away.

Seems to me that this error is related to  "A Command Window Interpreter is still running.  CodeWarrior may crash while exiting".  It occurred when it executed the "cmdwin::quitIDE" command.

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos