cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAT_Filesystem bean not working on DSC

cabl
Contributor III

Hi everybody.

I´m trying to develop a FAT Filesystem in a DSC MC56F84789 with ProcessorExpert in CW10.6. I can see a FAT_Filesystem component in PE, but when I add it to my project it gives an error concerning the Memory component needed. DSP_Mem component doesn´t seem to be valid, and I can´t add any other component that makes PE stop giving this error.

Any suggestion?

Thanks and best regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

johnlwinters
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are components supported in CW 10.6 that handle files.

They are under SW, DATA.

They are "External_File" and DSP_FileIO.

They are used so that the debugger can access test vectors while testing DSC code, such as speech codecs.

Did you need file access in your final product?  That would not be part of the standard offering of CW 10.6.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I cannot find FAT_Filesystem component in CodeWarrior v10.6.3. Could you please press down the Filter button which is at the right-top of ‘Component Library’ View? Please see below.

filter.png

Is FAT_Filesystem component displaying in the Component list on your side? Could you please attach a screenshot? Thank you very much!

In addition, User can install latest update in CodeWarrior 10.6 from CodeWarrior "Help" Menu->Check for Updates. Or review the link below for how to install update:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-103415

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

cabl
Contributor III

Thank you very much Fiona.

I had already installed all the updates. The component is under SW/Memory Manager.

FAT_FS.png

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is only 'DSP_MEM' component under "SW->Memory Manager" category for 56F84789:

memory manager.png

If you create a new project for 56F84789 from <File> menu -> New->Bareboard project, enable Processor Expert, then can you see the 'FAT_Filesystem' in Components Library?

How to reproduce the problem?

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

cabl
Contributor III

Yes, if I start a project from scratch I can see the FAT component. Maybe someone (I´m not the only one who uses this computer) installed extra components?

Does Freescale+PE have an official FAT FS component? If it doesn´t, does at least have FAT libraries for this DSC?

BR

0 Kudos

cabl
Contributor III

Hi.

Finally I think I´ve found the component. It´s from MCUONECLIPSE, so I guess it´s not an official PE component and I can´t expect any support from PE or Feescale.

BR,

0 Kudos