How I can disconnect OpenSDA debug module on FRDM-KL05Z?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can disconnect OpenSDA debug module on FRDM-KL05Z?

OmarIsaiPinales
Contributor II

I remove R28 to disconnect the debugging module, but the microcontroller does not work. And if I put the J5 jummper works fine.

I need to disconnect the debugging module to consume less current.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I do a test with FRDM-KL05Z board, the KL05 will work with R28 removed and jumper J4 be shuttled (J5 jumper is open).

For the OpenSDA K20 chip pin6 VREGIN connects with OPENSDA USB VBUS, P3V3_USBSER will with 1.5V voltage.

I recommend customer to use external DC power supply, add 3.3v to jumper 4 and short J9-3 with J9-4.

The reason is for RST_TGTMCU pin connects with K20's pin21, which default function is ADC0_SE9.

The ADC input pin as voltage divide resistor and KL05 reset pin voltage will divide to 1.3V and KL05 will be in reset state.

So short J9-3 and J9-4 will pull up the KL05 reset pin to 3.3V and KL05 could work.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
best regards,

Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos