Processor Expert not working.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert not working.

rafaelzambrano
Contributor II

I am trying to add a component (BITIO) to my project. I get the following error "This component is not supported in Kinetis SDK project mode"

What d I need to set up in the tools or import so I can use those components?

Thank you.

Rafael-

0 Kudos
6 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It looks like you have created a project with the Kinetis SDK option. In that case, you cannot use any of the LDD (Logical Device Driver) components, only the fsl_* components will work, except you are using some of the McuOnEclipse components (which work both for SDK and non-SDK projects).

Erich

0 Kudos

rafaelzambrano
Contributor II

Erich, Thank you for your answer. What would be the correct procedure to create the project and be able to use the LDD components. When I try to use the fsl components the system seems to accept them but I cannot get then to work properly. ie, I always get an error after I built the code. " function has not enough arguments" I thought with processor expert once you configured the component, you do not need to do anything else in the code when you are using the method. I am just trying to do a simple LED on and OFF and read the input value of a GPIO.

I looked at examples in Youtube but none of them use the fsl components. Any idea where can I go and look for some help in this matter.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rafael,

Please install the SDK to  your IDE .

For example , if use KDS,  please refer to here :

Writing your first toggle LED application with FRMD-K64F + KDS 1.1.0 + KSDK 1.0.0 Non-Processor Expe...

(install sdk to kds )

Tutorial: FreeRTOS with the Kinetis SDK and Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse   (create PE project on sdk)

You can also refer to the "Getting Stared with Kinetis SDK.pdf"

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

rafaelzambrano
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

I am using the TWR-K24F120M Evaluation board. The uC in the Board is MK24FN256VDC12 (121 MBGA).

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rafael,

Yes , use the KSDK PE , the method TWR-K24 is the same with FRDM-K64 ().

Alice

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Rafael.

Please tell me which chip do you use ? and the SDK version ?

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos