FRDM-KL46Z problems to write and debug it with Kinetis Studio

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL46Z problems to write and debug it with Kinetis Studio

massimomanca
Contributor III

Hello, I am trying to use a FRDM-KL46Z board with Kinetis Studio.

Following some online help I wrote PE OpenSDA on the board and installed PE drivers into my Win7 PC but Kinetis Studio still don't see the board.

Strange because In Device Management I see an OpenSDA device connected to a COM port.

My goal is to be able to develop on the board using both Kinetis Studio and mbed.

This is my error message:

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.8.0-dev (2014-10-31-11:10)

Licensed under GNU GPL v2

For bug reports, read

http://openocd.sourceforge.net/doc/doxygen/bugs.html

Info : only one transport option; autoselect 'cmsis-dap'

Error: unable to open CMSIS-DAP device

Error: unable to init CMSIS-DAP driver

Error: Error selecting 'cmsis-dap' as transport Runtime

Error: C:/Freescale/KDS_2.0.0/openocd/bin/..//scripts/kinetis.cfg:3: 

in procedure 'script' 

at file "embedded:startup.tcl", line 58 in procedure 'interface' called at file "C:/Freescale/KDS_2.0.0/openocd/bin/..//scripts/kinetis.cfg", line 3

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Massimo:

Can you show us your device manager?

You installed the P&E firmware, but the console output shows you are trying to debug from an OpenOCD debug configuration. The next document should clarify a bit:

GDB Debugging with Kinetis Design Studio

You have to launch the proper debug configuration depending on the firmware installed in your FRDM-KL46Z board.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos