Processor Expert support for MK22FN256VLH12?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert support for MK22FN256VLH12?

Jump to solution
olavbirkeland
Contributor III

Hi. As of today Processor expert does not support the MK22FN256VLH12 (Ver 2.0.0 of Kinetis Design Studio). PE has support for MK22FN1M0VLH12, a 1MByte variant of the same MCU. I have modified the linker script to adjust for the smaler FLASH and RAM in the 256 device, but the program then enters an exception when setting upp the MPU. I'am affraid that there might be other differences also between the 1MB and 256KB device. Is there anyone who knows if PE will support MK22FN256VLH12 soon? Alternatively is it enough to change the address map and the MPU setup to be able to use the 1MB device settings for 256KB device instead?

1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Olav Birkeland:

The support for K22FN256 is available, but you have to install the Service Pack for K22F/KV31F.

Go to Help -> Install New software, in Work with select "Freescale KDS Update Site" and install the one called "Processor Expert Support for Kinetis K22F/KV31F @120/100 MHz Service Pack". See below:

pastedImage_1.png

With this you have Processor Expert support for K22FN256 and other variants of K22.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Olav Birkeland:

The support for K22FN256 is available, but you have to install the Service Pack for K22F/KV31F.

Go to Help -> Install New software, in Work with select "Freescale KDS Update Site" and install the one called "Processor Expert Support for Kinetis K22F/KV31F @120/100 MHz Service Pack". See below:

pastedImage_1.png

With this you have Processor Expert support for K22FN256 and other variants of K22.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
olavbirkeland
Contributor III

Hi Jorge

I restarted KDS and then I actually godt a choice of switching to the correct package. And now it works!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
olavbirkeland
Contributor III

Thanks Jorge.

I have now the correct MCU, but the problems are not over yet. I switched to the 64pin package (MK22FN256VLH12 in LQFP 64-pin package)

and then I receive the errors as can be seen from the screen capture:

Capture KDS.PNG.png

Olav

0 Kudos
jqwang
Contributor II

When I tried to use PE to create KDS project for MK22FN512VLL12, met below error:

pastedImage_2.png

after installed the update, have more errors:

pastedImage_3.png

thx.

0 Kudos