Impossible to launch Codewarrior 8.22 for 56800 with USB key dongle and Windows 7 x32

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to launch Codewarrior 8.22 for 56800 with USB key dongle and Windows 7 x32

jf_56800
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm not able to launch Codewarrior 8.22 for 56800 with an USB key dongle in Windows 7x32 environment.

I've installed the driver provided in the website for USB Key dongle. I can read the FLEXID number of my USB key using the LMTools but I still cannot launch Codewarrior.

I've attached a screenshot of the error I got.

Could you help me to solve this issue ?

Regards,

JF

19486_19486.jpgError_Codewarrior.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jean-François,

USBdongle with classic versions are not fully working under Win 7.

Why ?

Products built with 8.4a of Flexlm (i.e. All of the classic products) will not be able to support win 7 64-bit with USB dongle licensing.

That support was added in 11.4 of Flexlm and our eclipse products moved to 11.5.

I've performed several tests on my side for DSC V8.2 and DSC V8.3

I've re-installed CW for DSC V8.2.3 on Win 7 32 bit and 64 bit PCs.

Below the result of my USBdongle test with same license + Dongle + project

DSC V8.2.3             DSC V8.3

Win 7 32 bit          not working                       working

Win 7 64 bit          not working                       working

The DSC V8.2.3 can not be used with USBdongle license.

The same dongle with same driver is working fine for DSC V8.3.

The driver is not compatible with the Flexlm version used to build the DSC V8.2.3 tools.

I recommend you to rehost the license file to disk/host ID instead of USBdongleID.

The other solution is to use the DSC V8.3 however the DSC V8.2 license is not valid for V8.3

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos