Question About SPI Module "DSPI" MCR register Configuration.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About SPI Module "DSPI" MCR register Configuration.

Jump to solution
islamwahdan
Contributor I

For the SPI module  DSPI_x the MCR register contains bit fields [PCSIS0....PCSISn] ...i am operating the MCU in slave mode is PCSIS0 now my chip select (CS0).......[i.e PCSIS1 = CS1 , PCSIS2 = CS2 and so on....]?]

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Islam,

You're 100% correct. Only the PCS0/SS pin support the slave operation and other PCS pins become invalid when work in slave mode.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Hello

I am now wondering the same thing. Did You figure out??

I wander what is the sense of having more than one SS for one slave instance..

Thank You

Pietro

0 Kudos
islamwahdan
Contributor I

Hello Pietro

I think yes PCSIS0 (CS0) is the only active chip select in slave mode , the other CS i think are for Master Mode only, i didn't get any confirmation from anyone though.

thanks

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Islam,

You're 100% correct. Only the PCS0/SS pin support the slave operation and other PCS pins become invalid when work in slave mode.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos