Help to develop an ARM and Embedded Software, an interface to digital signals and Collect RealTime faults in machines for Building a system for optimizing industrial processes.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to develop an ARM and Embedded Software, an interface to digital signals and Collect RealTime faults in machines for Building a system for optimizing industrial processes.

hectorcardenas
Contributor I

I need help to develop a wired or wireless modem to collect information on starting, stopping and failures of machines, operating times etc. to be sent to a software perform and yield performance, downtime etc. I need help to develop this interface on every machine with an ARM this solution and have a reference of how to do the software.

My name is Hector Cardenas

email: hcardenas@eyautomatizacion.com

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Dear Hector,

If you are looking for a wireless solution, you might consider the KW2x devices. They have both an ARM based Cortex-M4 MCU and a 2.4Ghz 802.15.4 compliant transceiver. There are a couple of development kits available you may use for a proof of concept, a TWR board and a USB dongle.

Link to product page: http://www.freescale.com/kw2x

Regarding the software solutions you could use to achieve what you need, there are several application examples we provide free of charge. From a simple wireless UART to complex ZigBee mesh-routing solutions. The software to be used will depend in your application’s needs.

One approach would be to start with a proof of concept using a simple yet useful solution such as the SMAC wireless UART project. It basically sends all data received via UART over the air to a second device. You may re-use such code and replace “UART data” with actual sensor o log data from the machines you mentioned and then send the information wirelessly to a central station, which might be another KW2x, another host processor or even the PC to do the calculations.

I would recommend you to check the website and review the hardware available along with the different software solutions. Again, there might be several ways to achieve what you need, and the way to do it will be application specific.

I hope this helps.

AngelC

0 Kudos